Supplement effects on liver?

Started by Samuel Carr, January 17, 2011 · 3 Replies · 2,542 Views

Samuel Carr

I was wondering if taking supplements such as whey protein and creatine, along with other vitamins has any negative long-term affects on the liver due to processing the high concentration levels/chemicals?

Razz

Nope :) Except if your supplements are contaminated I can imagine. This is why you should not just look for the cheapest supplements but also ensure quality is good.

Samuel Carr

That's interesting because i know a woman who is a fitness instructor at a local gym who lives a very active lifestyle that and is in her 30s or 40s that has been seeing a doctor about some liver problems, and he told her consumption of protein drinks and supplements can cause liver problems

Razz

It is very unfortunate the doctor says like this. I'd very much like to hear the doctors reasoning. One of Robb Wolf's podcasts, I think it's 30 or 31 talks about liver problems and a high protein intake.