How to lock Xtreme Rings?

Started by Tarun Suri, January 17, 2011 · 3 Replies · 2,197 Views

Tarun Suri

Guys, this is quite troublesome.

I was doing my first GB WOD yesterday and as I was setting up my rings, I noticed that every time I put weight on them, the straps would get longer and longer. I experimented by flipping the buckle so that the excess straps now travel upwards, and a bunch of other variations to no avail. I looked quite ridiculous spending 20 minutes fidgeting with my rings.

Finally I ended up making a knot through the opening near the buckle, although it was quite troublesome to adjust the straps when they were uneven or when changing the hight for HS on XR.

Am I doing something wrong?

Cole Dano

Do you have the strap going through the buckle in the correct direction?

http://gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=406&start=15#p9378

Tarun Suri

I'm not 100% sure. But I don't think I did it that way. I'll try that with tomorrow's WOD and post again with my results. Thank you Mr. Brady.

Razz

The strap must go through the back of the buckle.