Gymnastics Photography

Started by Sternford, January 14, 2011 · 3 Replies · 2,677 Views

Sternford

I got a high speed camera to get shots of gymnastics and such and was wondering if anyone with knowledge knows what I can do to keep the camera from getting ruined by the chalk. The gym I mainly go to is usually extremely chalky, like you can taste it in the air.

Alvaro

There are several relatively low cost plastic covers for rain or even sea water for reflex cameras and so, chalk is so thin than something else is not going to work. In any case DON´T change your lenses inside the gym.

Also with some gaffer tape and a plastic bag you can DIY a cover for your camera(only dont cover your lenses of course :D )

Sternford
omegant said:
There are several relatively low cost plastic covers for rain or even sea water for reflex cameras and so, chalk is so thin than something else is not going to work. In any case DON´T change your lenses inside the gym.

Also with some gaffer tape and a plastic bag you can DIY a cover for your camera(only dont cover your lenses of course :D )

Well that's good, I don't even have another lens to change to. I took it to another gym recently and it seemed to do fine so I hope my regular gym isn't as chalky as I remember

Alvaro

I think that if you only take the camera out of the bag when it is necesary you dont need a cover .