This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 110114

Started by Coach Sommer, January 14, 2011 · 19 Replies · 2,848 Views

Coach Sommer

pTUn2-sF3Hw

Complete four rounds:

40’ Senders

8 Box Jumps

4 Depth Jumps

12 Jumping Single Leg Deck Squats

Finish the workout with 2x60 seconds of Seated Toe Point Stretch.

notes:

1) Move immediately from the Senders to the Box Jumps to the Depth Jumps to the Jumping Single Leg Deck Squats.

2) The Box Jumps should be performed from a stand up onto as high a box as possible for all 8 repetitions. An excellent athlete will perform these onto a box that is at least chest high. Add weight with a dumbbell or weight vest if possible. There may be a slight pause in between each of the box jump repetitions.

3) Depth Jumps - jump off an object 3’-10’ high, bending the knees but not allowing the feet to move or step upon landing. If in doubt go lower rather than higher and remember to BEND the knees upon landing!

4) The Jumping Single Leg Deck Squats should be performed as a single unbroken set of 12 repetitions; alternating legs on each jump. Remember to jump as high as possible for each repetition.

5) You may rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.

6) Do Not skip the Seated Toe Point Stretch.

Velocity

Hmm... so in the (likely) event where someone doesn't have the equipment and/or room to perform 40' of Senders, what would be an appropriate substitute?

Patrick Angelo Sardilli
Velocity said:
Hmm... so in the (likely) event where someone doesn't have the equipment and/or room to perform 40' of Senders, what would be an appropriate substitute?

Jumping Squats would be my guesse Velocity.. For substitution. I would guesse 20. Go for height.

Anyone else got ideas?

Velocity

Yeah, that was my first inclination, some sort of jumping squat. Perhaps a mélange of different types of jumps as listed in the linked topic about Senders? (i.e., maybe a few jump squats, then rebound jumps, etc., strung together until a specific rep count is reached)

Patrick Angelo Sardilli
Velocity said:
Yeah, that was my first inclination, some sort of jumping squat. Perhaps a mélange of different types of jumps as listed in the linked topic about Senders? (i.e., maybe a few jump squats, then rebound jumps, etc., strung together until a specific rep count is reached)

That would be better yes. Do the best you can. Sometimes I don't have the equipment either but we have the do the best we can.

Coach Sommer

If Senders are too challenging and given the structure of the rest of today's GB WOD; squat variations would be an inappropriate substitution choice. In this instance the best substitutions for today's RX'd Senders would be to use either variation 2 or 5 as described in the essay.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Patrick Angelo Sardilli
Coach Sommer said:
If Senders are too challenging and given the structure of the rest of today's GB WOD; squat variations would be an inappropriate substitution choice. In this instance the best substitutions for today's RX'd Senders would be to use either variation 2 or 5 as described in the essay.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Theres your answer Velocity. Thx Coach.

Stewart Whaley

As rx'd.

senders were over very low aerobic steps

and jumping deck squats were two legged.

Added some jump rope work before toe point stretches.

Great workout.

Jason Stein

I set up 20 feet of panel mats on their sides, then turned around and jumped back.

I'm glad I did, because I think Pike Jumps or Straddle Jumps as a sub would've been murder.

Still, my legs were jellied for the jumping SLSs. VMO = cooked.

Tomorrow will be prehab, stretching, lacrosse/pain ball, handstands, napping, eating.

Good weekend everybody,

jason

A. D-ROM warm-up

B. Band Dislocates x10

C1. Eagle Dislocates 3x5

C2. Shoulder Stretch 3x5+10sec

D. Calf/Ankle Stretch @ 90sec/each

E1. 40-foot Senders 4x1;

E2. Box Jumps 4x8 @ BW @ 40-inches

E3. Depth Jumps 4x4 @ 6 feet

E4. Jumping SLS @ BW 4x12

F. Wall Lunge Stretch 10+90sec/ea

G. Elevated Seated Toe Point 90sec

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

WU:

2 Rounds:

300m Row

10 Jumping Squats

3 Depth Jumps @ 30"

3 Box Jumps @ 30"

WOD:

4 Rounds:

40' Senders (20", 16", 24", 16", 20")

8 Box Jumps (36")

4 Depth Jumps (54")

12 Deck SLS Total

Rest 2 mins.

Finish with 2x60s Seated Pointed Toe Stretch.

XFEg0qpZ6W4

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

for a depth jump my question I just try to stick the landing do we jump again after landing I see different versions onlien which one is this one ... according to definition its just landing without moving.

I hope i'm getting it right. I have the feeling I got to jump again. :mrgreen:

Coach Sommer
SPARTAN-367 (PAT) said:
... for a depth jump my question (is should) I just try to stick the landing. Do we jump again after landing? I see different versions online; which one is this one? ...

Depth jumps should have no movement upon landing.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Tarun Suri

Spartan, I think you're thinking about drop jumps, not depth jumps.

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

So what I am doing in video is correct?

Coach Sommer
SPARTAN-367 (PAT) said:
So what I am doing in video is correct?

Yes, with perhaps a slightly longer held position needed on a few of the reps.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Patrick Angelo Sardilli
Coach Sommer said:
SPARTAN-367 (PAT) said:
So what I am doing in video is correct?

Yes, with perhaps a slightly longer held position needed on a few of the reps.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Thx Coach. Shall be done.

Tyler Schmitz

Today was my first day back from taking a complete week and a half off. I did an older WOD today:

Warm UP:FSP

3x10 s Tuck PL

3x10 s Half Lay FL

3x10 s Straddle L

3x10 s HSMH

4 rds:

60 s Shuttle Run/Jog

5 Box jumps (4 -4 1/2 ft high)

20 m squat jumps

5 Depth Jumps (7-8 ft high)

Finished with 2 x 30 s Weighted Pike Stretch

OMG! After taking just a short time off of doing anything, I feel totally out of shape. I was struggling for air after the first round!!

Edward Henigin

I think I'll sub double-unders for the senders.

Coach Sommer
texas-ed said:
I think I'll sub double-unders for the senders.

If your plyometric strength is comparatively low, this would be an acceptable substitution.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Tarun Suri

3 rounds:

-20 rebounds in place

-8 single leg box jumps (1.5')

-4 depth jumps (hip high)

-12 SLS negatives (first round 8) alternating

I did 3 rounds because my left quad was spazzing up.

My first round was 8 SLS because I forgot the count.

I had much more depth and balance on my left leg for SLS.

Since I couldn't find something high enough to box jump on, was my single leg variation an appropriate one?

Unfortunately, no video this time around.