Coach Sommer,
I've started doing the basic two movements as you outlined in your article. I'm still lifting weights and the two static movements seem to have made a difference in the rate of progress I'm making in the weight room. I'm going up in either weight or reps every workout. I've started my 11 year old son on the movements as well and he's been making progress too.
When I saw the videos and read your articles I couldn't help but think that your training would be perfect as part of a feeder system for just about any sport. How do you keep the other coaches in the area from stealing your kids away for football and the other team sports. It seems like the kids who get a little too lanky or bulky for gymnastics would still be way ahead when it comes to upper body strength. Do you have any examples or success stories you'd care to tell us about?
Thanks,
David