Wasn't sure where to put it, so I thought the more general section would be best.
Had a session this time last week learning back tucks for the first time. I spent about an hour doing them non stop and am (my estimate) about 80% there. I can land them on plain padded floor/grass etc, but my technique isn't perfect yet.
Regardless, the issue is after last week's session, about an hour and a half of constant practise (overdoing it perhaps) I've had this awful pain in my middle 2 abs
_ _
(_|_)
(x|x)
(_|_)
If you get me. Normally it's fine, but at a practise sessions this week, doing pretty much any sort of activity that remotely involves those muscles is pretty painful.
I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar. I'm assuming it's just I've pulled or strained something, but I'm quite confused because it's not an exercise where I'm particularly pulling on them (or is it?), or arching like a back handspring, and that it's lasted so long. I've strained myself doing things like aerials (Sides) before, but the pain has been a lot more immediate (this recent pain wasn't until post workout), and lasted a lot less.
I realise this is a gymnastics not medical board, but wonder if anyone can share some insight?