Forum updates

Started by George Launchbury, January 13, 2011 · 11 Replies · 2,673 Views

George Launchbury

Hello all,

There will be some minor forum updates taking place over the next week or so. Every measure will be taken to minimise any downtime, and (obviously) all data will be backed up in advance. So if you see a "forum currently unavailable" notice, you'll know why.

Regards,

George.

Quick Start Test Smith

Thanks for the notice!

Razz

Cool that you're still on here George! Thought you were long gone. Thanks for the notice :)

George Launchbury

Good morning,

As some of you will have noticed, the board has just been offline for a short while. The forum software has been successfully upgraded to the latest version, with no issues reported during the installation. On the off chance that the upgrade causes anyone problems, please let me know.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

George.

Cole Dano

Thanks for doing the update George.

View Active Topics doesn't seem to be working for me, i just see a msg 'No suitable matches were found'.

Razz

Mark forums read still does not work. Anyways thanks for the polite update, I've had no other problems :)

Cole Dano

More on View Active Topics not working.

When i set the time frame for 1 year, it gives a few entries, all from the Announcement forum.

I think the View Active Topics may only be filtering topics from there.

George Launchbury
Mr Brady said:
Thanks for doing the update George.

View Active Topics doesn't seem to be working for me, i just see a msg 'No suitable matches were found'.

Thanks for the heads up. It seems that you now need to manually set permissions for each forum to make it available to the active topics list. I have set these permissions in the Admin Control Panel, and seems to be working again now.

Cheers,

George.

Cole Dano

Yes i have it working as well.

Thanks George!

George Launchbury
Razz said:
Mark forums read still does not work. Anyways thanks for the polite update, I've had no other problems :)

This was an actual error in the code, and the fix I have implemented seems to be working fine for me. Please let me know if you have any further issues with this, and I will take another look. Thanks for letting me know.

Cheers,

George.

Razz
George said:
Razz said:
Mark forums read still does not work. Anyways thanks for the polite update, I've had no other problems :)

This was an actual error in the code, and the fix I have implemented seems to be working fine for me. Please let me know if you have any further issues with this, and I will take another look. Thanks for letting me know.

Cheers,

George.

Cool, it works now. Thanks :)

George Launchbury

Hello all,

Just a note to say I have demoted this topic from an announcement to a sticky, and if I get no further reports over the next week or so I intend to demote further to a standard post, whereupon it will invariably vanish over time (as it probably should).

Razz and Mr Brady - Thanks again for letting me know about those issues.

Cheers,

George.