Here's a pretty good article by Poliquin on chinups. I won't spoil it by telling you how many chins you should be doing to impress Poliqun, but it's a lot! ![]()
Chin article by Poliquin
Started by Razz, January 13, 2011 · 4 Replies · 2,723 Views
Hehe i just read this earlier razz. Cool to see him recommended OAC's. I wonder what he would think if he observed coach's athletes in training. Hmm...
I'm pretty sure he would be impressed if he saw them lift weights for the first time.
Quite a while back Poliquin taught gymnasts I think on the Canadian team to bench press and it was their first time ever. They benched a ridiculous amount for their first time. Goes to show the power of closed kinetic chain gymnastics movements transferring to open chain lifts. ![]()
Yeah I remember that Article! Something even more insane is Yan Mingyongs 3x130kg bench at 50kg bw. I'm not bothered to check but pretty sure that's world class powerlifting strength. (even assuming that it's not good form)