Advance from Straddle L One Hand Center

Started by npsmith, January 13, 2011 · 6 Replies · 2,022 Views

npsmith

When do you recommend I advance to the straddle L partial roll from the straddle L one hand center? Is it when I can do 30 seconds with the right hand center and 30 seconds with the left hand center? Or should I do 1 minute of each?

Joshua Naterman

Good question. I am pretty sure you need to be able to do 60s of each. If you are practicing them equally then 60s with each hand in the center should be pretty automatic, at least that is what I would expect.

If you cannot get the hang of that partial roll at first, practice that first and do most of your work time with the one hand center so that you do not de-condition during the learning process.

Cole Dano

I'd think a minute each too. It might be ok to train R and L on separate days though.

npsmith

Thanks! This is very helpful! Much appreciated!

Seiji

Wait... There's something after a one handed straddle L? I don't understand the OP

Blairbob

Seiji, he is talking about where you have one hand placed in front of your crotch and the other near your glute/butt.

Not just doing a straddle-L on one hand, circus style...I think that's what he means, rather.

Seiji

Hahaha, thanks for clearing that up.