bolts/eyelets/hardware to allow ring straps to spin

Started by Timy7, January 12, 2011 · 7 Replies · 3,098 Views

Timy7

So my rings are hanging in my basement and if I do more then one roll to muscle up the straps are too twisted and abrasive. Do they make something I can connect to the eyelets in my ceiling then to straps that would allow them to rotate freely while still being load bearing?

Im a climber and looked all over and cant find what I am looking for.

Appreciate any insight!

Joshua Naterman

I have seen them, it's a rotating eye on a lag eyebolt, but I have no idea what it is called.

Cole Dano

What if you hook you rings into a climbing sling? I'm thinking it would twist more than the straps.

gymgreg

You could uses something like this.

jkAQU.jpg

I mount my heavy bag with it.

Joshua Naterman

That's basically what I'm talking about, what the heck is that called?

Greg: Nice! I've got a heavy bag in my basement as well. Noting exciting, just a green canvas seabag from my time in the navy that I so far have put 120 lbs of rice into. When it's full it will be 200. I hope that thing never breaks open... :shock:

Ryan Libke

There are also rock climbing devices that have smoother action. Do a search for Black Diamond Rotor. I have two, which I use for various purposes, including the use of my rings. They are designed to be used with a load underneath, so I feel pretty safe with them. They are expensive, however, ($40 US) and I had to space my purchase out by almost a year.

ThomasJG

We call it a swivel.

Ryan Libke

That's how I originally did my search, with the word swivel, but some sites refer to it as a rotor. I think the word "thingy" is pretty much how I refer to it at home.