Anyone have ideas for muscle up progression?

Started by jumpupandfly, July 1, 2008 · 2 Replies · 4,259 Views

jumpupandfly

Hey yall, Im new here, and I want to get the muscle up down. Soo, I can do around 12 pullups fairly easily, and I can usually get one crappy muscle up but I kinda have to pause on top of the bar.

Right now I'm just doing jumping muscle ups on a slightly lower bar to try to get stronger.

Anyways, any help much appreciated :)

Danny

Hi Jumpupandfly.

First of all, welcome to the forum!

Second, I am no expert, and working towards the muscle-up myself.

I can do around 10 really high pull-ups, and some crappy muscle-ups too, but still not even one in perfect form, with both arms at the same time.

A good false grip is really important in doing the muscle up, also, read this article from Jim from Beastskills: http://www.beastskills.com/MuscleUp.htm

Maybe doing the negative motion of the muscle-up is also a good idea, so from the top position in a dip, to a dead hang.

Greets, Danny.

cathal

this guide from coach sommer will help you achieve muscle ups: http://gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9