This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 110110

Started by Coach Sommer, January 10, 2011 · 18 Replies · 2,823 Views

Coach Sommer

vTIfss5oF8w

Complete four rounds:

60 sec Shuttle Run

1 – 15’ Cirque

5 – Wide Grip Pull-ups in L-sit

10 – Front Pulls

notes:

1) The Shuttle Run should be performed with an all out effort. The primary focus of the Shuttle Run is to elevate the heart rate over 170 BPM.

2) Perform your shuttle runs in the following fashion; sprint out 5yds & return, sprint out 10 yds & return, sprint out 15 yds & return. Continue in this fashion non-stop for 60 seconds.

3) Move immediately from the Shuttle Run to the Cirque. If you do not have a rope, substitute 10-15 Towel Pull-ups for the Cirque.

4) Focus on full range of motion during the Wide Grip Pull-ups in L-sit. If a normal L-sit is too challenging, adjust the leg position as necessary.

5) You may also adjust the body position as necessary during the Front Pulls. It is not required to use the same body position for both the ascent and descent.

6) Do not rest more than 2-3 breaths in between exercises. If you are resting more than this or are unable to achieve the RX'd repetitions, you need to scale down the workout to accordingly.

7) You may rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.

pogo69

Oh joy; towel pullups... I despise towel pullups!! :(

Times like these I'd be wishing I had made good on my promise to myself to do at least a few reps every time I pass by the towel that's hanging under the back porch on the way to the fridge (yes, I pass by it often - no, I don't often make good on my promise).

Razz

Rope climbs are the meanest thing ever, you just stand there and know how it's gonna feel at the top. Also even though there's pain you can always keep going because you can just take smaller and smaller steps or use your feet or whatever.. truly brutal :S

Jason Stein

These are always great/terrible.

I started with 60 second Prowler pushes, but after round 2 scaled it back to shuttle shuffles.

If anyone ever programs Prowler pushes for time, leave immediately. Those are death.

Otherwise, I stepped it down enough to make all reps/rounds and hopefully received the optimum dose/response...

Psyched for rings tomorrow.

best,

jason

A. D-ROM

B. Band Disclocates x10

C. I-T-Y x10

D1. 3x Eagle Dislocates x5

D2. 3x Bridge x5+5 second

E. Wrist Circuit

F. One-Arm HS Work

G1. 4x 60second Prowler push/shuttle run

G2. 4x 15-foot Cirque x1

G3. 4x L-pull-ups x5

G4. 4x XR KTE x10 [knees to elbow]

Velocity

Hmm... well, today's was a bit of an eye-opener to reiterate something I already knew. My pulling strength endurance is lacking, not merely my pulling strength. :lol: I scaled this down a fair bit.

Warmup:

-- L-sit work

-- Frog stand work

WOD: 4 rounds of

60 second shuttle sprint

10 towel pull-ups with legs supported on chair

5 jumping pull-ups into a tuck L-sit negative

10, 6, 6, 6 negative front tuck lever pulls*

*I would have scaled this down further, but in the middle of the WOD I didn't have the time to sit back down and think of a further down-scaling to keep in the spirit of the WOD.

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

WU:

500m Row

2 Rounds:

10 Wallballs @ 9kg

5 HeSPU Facing Wall + 1 Negative HSPU on PBar

2 Strict CTB Pullups

FSP:

3 x 1 L-Sit (Floor; 15s, 15s, 15s)

1 x 1 Manna (PB Low; 20s)

1 x 1 Straddle-L (PB Low; 20s)

WOD:

4 Rounds:

30s Left Hammer Strike

Rest 5s to switch hands

30s Right Hammer Strike

8' Cirque (slowly getting better)

5 Wide Grip Pullups in L-Sit

10 Front Pullups (Straddle with a lil swing)

Rest 2 mins.

Stretched. 2 x 10 Shoulder Girdle Push.

Joshua Naterman

Wow, I haven't done this in a while!

10,8,6,6 towel pull ups

5,4,4, L pull ups, 4 pull ups

7,4,4,4 front pull negatives.

2-3 minute rest between rounds.

Holy Guacamole Batman! This was hard. I was slipping on my towel at first, but chalk fixed that right up! I have been doing trigger point work several times per day as outlined in the Trigger Point Therapy Workbook and Travell and Simon's Trigger Point Manual. My elbows are feeling even better than ever and I am experiencing steady gains in shoulder mobility and pain reduction. This WOD was a great opportunity to work on my muscle re-education, with the exception of several poor pull ups near the end of the workout. It was a challenge to complete this as I have written but I feel great! This was just right.

Svend

This was brutal. :shock: Here's my 2nd round

yiqyGoAjNc8

gymgreg

Nice job Svend. Pretty cool that you started a video log.

One comment though. It looks like you are not retracting your shoulders during the Front Pulls.

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think we are supposed to retract the shoulders during all Front Pull/Lever movements.

Svend

Thanks, Gymgreg. I'm pretty sure I'm retracting my scapula in the video but I might not be - at that time I was quite exhausted :| Thanks for the comment, though. I'll be sure to pay attention to this next time I do front pulls :)

David Beckerman

I scaled this down to a pulling day for me.

60 sec shuttle sprint

10, 8, 8, 8 XR - elevated rows

3+2, 3+2, 3+2, 2+3 XR pull ups + negatives in tuck L-sit

5 tuck negative front pulls (harder than I thought so I then scaled them down). 10, 10, 10 Body levers (will work more on these to get the correct technique)

gymgreg
Svend said:
Thanks, Gymgreg. I'm pretty sure I'm retracting my scapula in the video but I might not be - at that time I was quite exhausted :| Thanks for the comment, though. I'll be sure to pay attention to this next time I do front pulls :)

Yeah the Front Pulls got me too. I caught myself not retracting my scapula a couple of times.

Jason Stein

Strong work everyone.

best,

j

Coach Sommer
Velocity said:
... 10 towel pull-ups with legs supported on chair (substituted for Cirques) ...

Good substitution.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Cole Dano

Svend those cirques were sick!

Svend
Mr Brady said:
Svend those cirques were sick!

Thank you Mr! I have to admit they got more and more ugly for every round :wink:

pogo69
Mr Brady said:
Svend those cirques were sick!

agreed!!

Eddie Stelling

WU: Ido's shoulder routine

FSP:

3x24s Straddle L bent

4x15s Flat tuck FL

1x60s, 1x30s, 2x15s Tuck PL (bars)

1x60s, 2x30s Reverse Plank

3x20s Adv. Flat Tuck BL

4x17s L-sit floor

3x25s XR support hold

5x12s PL Lean

WOD:

4 rnds

60s sprints

15' No feet rope climb

5 wide L hang pullups (1st rnd: 5, 2-4 rnds: 3,2)

10 Front Pulls Flat tuck/tuck (1st rnd: 10, 2-4 rnds: 5,5)

Wanted to kick everyones butt in this one so I did it. Most rounds in the gym even after the pulling WOD!

AMRAP: 20min

5 kipping pullups

5 xr dips

15 situps

22rnds + 5

Patrick Angelo Sardilli
Svend said:
This was brutal. :shock: Here's my 2nd round

yiqyGoAjNc8

Good Job Man I wish my arms can hold out more on Cirques! :shock: