Hello all. One skill that I can't seem to nail down properly is the Straddle L-Sit. I'm not sure where the lacking physical ability lies, whether it's hip flexibility, lack of tension somewhere, etc. Where my problem lies is being able to raise my hips up enough to that my legs are horizontal. One exercise I've been doing to try and help was an exercise at the end of this article here: http://library.crossfit.com/free/pdf/43 ... lette_.pdf
The other problem that pops up is whenever I attempt the Straddle L, I start to cramp up in my quads very quickly, much in the same way I cramp up in my triceps whenever I attempt V-sits
. Is this something that disappears with practice, or is there something else I'm missing here?
Here's a video of my attempts just now. I did one from the front (the better one) and one from the side, and having been at the weight room earlier today this isn't exactly peak condition either.
Thanks again everyone!