So, looking at the WOD, what is the truth

Started by FritsMB Mansvelt Beck, January 5, 2011 · 10 Replies · 2,647 Views

FritsMB Mansvelt Beck

Yesterday, as part of WOD 110104, I was doing the 20’ L-sit walk while supporting my feet on a soccer ball; this, in the living room. My wife enters and says “ What the heck are you doingâ€. So, I take a welcome break and answer “I am engaged in an existential struggle concerning how to approach life after seventyâ€. “Well,†she says “to me it looks as if you are rubbing your butt on the floor while pushing a soccer ballâ€.

That gave me food for thought. Who do you think is closer to the truth. My wife just stating the facts, or me taking a more metaphysical point of view.

Alvaro

That something is as simple and enjoyable :D as rubbing the butt on the floor doesn't mean it hasn't got a deep meaning and a hidden higher purpose. You can have best of both worlds!

David Picó García

Well, my wife doesn't understand why i block her vision to the TV while i'm upside down in a handstand position in the middle of the living room :P . Those wives aren't too metaphysic :roll:

Mats Trane

My wife now Knows that wednesdays are "Wodfree"!

Gavin Strelitz

The OP made me laugh. I'm not sure if different levels of thought make you further or closer to the truth.

FritsMB Mansvelt Beck

Well, yes all of that is true, of course. But while embracing and even enjoying my encounters with these factual and metaphysical truths, I should keep striving for my moment of enlightenment (read: ultimate truth), shouldn’t I. So knowing that, if I drop down on my head again during my last HeS negative, I should think “My, my, it sure is a bumpy road that leads to the ultimate truth†instead of “Sh.... , that hurtsâ€. Makes all the difference. Meanwhile, following your kind and good advice, I plan to schedule my HS SSC practice during my wife’s favorite tv program. Also, I have proposed that the house will become off-limits to everybody during my two hour WOD practice. Negotiations are in progress. Thanks for the good advice, omegant, cdx, and serotonin. Much appreciated.

Cole Dano

Frits i'm not sure how tongue in cheek you are here.

For sure there is a 'higher' component to this work, striving to improve touches the very essence of who we are, the highest side of being human. The achievement itself (in this case rubbing your butt on the floor) isn't as important for the 'true sportsman' as the process of getting there.

Of course you could also put something fuzzy on your bottom and market a new excer-floor polish system infomercial style!

pogo69

the real truth

rUkTOoUNcjs

Alvaro

Enlighted MASTER!!! :lol: (Peter Griffin ) Actually he has very good form on those straddle butt rubbing walk even with his high bf %...

Now, I don´t laugh when I see Frits performing that MUs. THAT is serious business at any age range!!!

FritsMB Mansvelt Beck

Mr. Brady, I am actually quite serious about all this, including what you call trying to touch the essence of what we are. However, quite a few people find what I do “Way too heavyâ€. So, every so often, I find it necessary (and very uplifting) to laugh about my own gravity. That my gymnasticbodies training can let me do that in more ways than one (make fun of both my factual and metaphysical gravity), is an unexpected bonus that I wanted to share with this community. After all, I would definitely not have obtained this insight without the inspiration and motivation of this site. Pogo69, nice video; thank you. Omegant, the idea is to get a 70 second slow MU (35 sec. up then 35 sec. down), condensing each year that I lived into 1 second. Just playing around. I thought it would make a nice story for my granddaughter at “show and tellâ€.

Cole Dano
FritsMB said:
Mr. Brady, I am actually quite serious about all this, including what you call trying to touch the essence of what we are. However, quite a few people find what I do “Way too heavy”. So, every so often, I find it necessary (and very uplifting) to laugh about my own gravity. That my gymnasticbodies training can let me do that in more ways than one (make fun of both my factual and metaphysical gravity), is an unexpected bonus that I wanted to share with this community. After all, I would definitely not have obtained this insight without the inspiration and motivation of this site.

Frits i think we'd get along just fine, that's exactly my attitude with this practice.

I'm going to go out on a limb and recommend a book to you - Standing as Awareness - Greg Goode