A lot of the even basic multi-plane strength exercises are too difficult for me at this time. When these appear in the WOD is it okay to scale them down to whatever pulling or pressing exercise I am up to please?
Cheers,
Dave
Started by David Beckerman, January 3, 2011 · 3 Replies · 3,054 Views
A lot of the even basic multi-plane strength exercises are too difficult for me at this time. When these appear in the WOD is it okay to scale them down to whatever pulling or pressing exercise I am up to please?
Cheers,
Dave
Yes its much better to a quality single plane movement than to poorly do a multi plane movement.
However as you progress you can also do 'sliding' scale, if you can do a rep of the multi plane and then break to single plane to complete the set. They do have a sort of magic power to increase your gains.
I started with very poor pulling power, as its built up somewhat, the MPPu have improved as well.
Also, for example, a chest roll like in today's WOD can be broken down into a PPP or other push up and a HeSPU or other step in THAT progression. FL pulls, for example, can be broken apart into a foot supported row and a pull up. If you can't do a proper mppu or mppr then just break it up into the single plane movements and build strength there first!
The most important thing is to make sure you perform each single plane movement a multi-plane movement contains. One FL pull would be one pull up and one row.
Thank you for the advice guys.
I'll implement both those ideas. I am really enjoying the workouts and the way they make my body feel and move afterwards so I appreciate the advice to help me improve.
Cheers,
Dave