I don't get why they would be stretching the back?
I actually feel more like it is compressing all my muscles.
Could anyone please explain?
Thanks.
Started by ultimath, January 3, 2011 · 5 Replies · 2,857 Views
I don't get why they would be stretching the back?
I actually feel more like it is compressing all my muscles.
Could anyone please explain?
Thanks.
The bridge is usually done to stretch the shoulders and the abs. Try the stretch with your legs straight and push the shoulder backwards so you open up your body.
Alright, that is what i thought. I was wondering, because it is commonly said that it is a stretch for the back.
It does stretch your back, even your stomach; but the focus should be on the shoulders.
Ok then.
I know it sounds stupid, but i don't understand how "flexing" your back would actually be stretching the back muscles?
When a bridge is performed....the vertebrae is put into hyper-extension NOT flexion. spinal flexion is when you curl down towards your toes from a standing position. .
Hope this helps