Improving Posture

Started by Alexander Svensson, January 1, 2011 · 3 Replies · 2,422 Views

Alexander Svensson

I hope there doesn't already exists a thread like this, anyways, I have realized that I have an extremely ugly posture and have decided to do something about it. So, I'm wondering if anyone has any experience in what kind of stretches and strength exercises would be beneficial to help me with this. I'm already aware of that you should check and fix your posture throughout the day and all that but couldn't find anything on stretching / strengthening.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Guest

Look into Pete Egoscue's work. He has written some excellent books (Pain Free, Health Through Motion) that deal with postural dysfunctions and how to take care of them.

Kyle Courville

Pete Egoscue has a very good book. A good posture in simplest terms is shoulders back, head up, and feet forward. It sounds a little like a motivational quote. :lol:

Cole Dano

Egoscue is a good start.

Always keep in mind posture is a living thing, don't make it too mechanical.