30 seconds German hang, now onto BL work?

Started by Finn Frank, December 28, 2010 · 1 Replies · 1,926 Views

Finn Frank

I started working tuck BL then noticed I should first work towards the german hang for 3 x 30s. At first I couldn't go all the way into the stretch. Here is where I am at now.

8UycRzYTwlM

So should I move onto tuck BL now, or is there something I need to work on in my German Hang?

Thanks

Eddie Stelling

Your form looks pretty good. I would try to hold it for 60s before moving on. You should be able to it if you are working 3x30s, but you won't know until you try. Coach suggest 60s holds before progressing to a harder variation unless you have reached the straddled variation, for straddled and up it's 15s. The german hang is relatively easy, you should be able to hold a solid 60s with no struggle at all before moving on. I have heard some say 3x60s. This shoulder strength and flexibility will pay off exponentially in your BL work.