This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 101224

Started by Coach Sommer, December 24, 2010 · 13 Replies · 2,056 Views

Coach Sommer

Complete four rounds:

60 sec Shuttle Run

5 Clapping Pull-ups

6 FL Circle Pulls

5 – 360 Pulls

notes:

1) The Shuttle Run should be performed with an all out effort. The primary focus of the Shuttle Run is to elevate the heart rate over 170 BPM.

2) Perform your shuttle runs in the following fashion; sprint out 5yds & return, sprint out 10 yds & return, sprint out 15 yds & return. Continue in this fashion non-stop for 60 seconds.

3) Perform the Clapping Pull-ups immediately after the shuttle run.

4) The clap in the Clapping Pull-ups should occur with the chin above the bar.

5) Move immediately from the Clapping Pull-ups to the FL Circle Pulls and then immediately to the 360s.

6) If the 360s are too difficult, you may substitute a 30 second German Hang.

7) If the Clapping Pull-ups and FL Circle Pulls are too easy, please increase the resistance using a weighted vest for the Clapping Pull-ups and weights hung from the ankles for the FL Circle Pulls.

8 ) You may rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.

Christian Sørlie

Todays WOD.

Perform as many rounds as necessary:

From sitting, run to christmas tree

Pick up gift

Unwrap gift

Jump up and down in joy

GOD JUL! (Merry Christmas in norwegian) :D

Mathias Flækøy

Er flere enn meg som er fra Norge her ja. God jul!

Merry Christmas!

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

haha nice one!

Kenneth Manning

Hope everyone has a great holiday!

Today's WOD:

60 sec stationary bike sprint, high resistance x 4

clapping pullups x 5,5,5,5

FL pulls, adv tuck x 6,6,6,6

360 pulls tuck x 5,5,5,5

heart rate was through the roof on this one, really worked on not resting between exercises during each round. Great pre-xmas workout.

Jason Stein

Happy holidaze! This was a good way to kick it off!

A. Warm-up Junk

B. 4x:

60second Airdyne Lung-smasher

5 Clapping PU

6 Flat Tuck FL Circles

5 Flat Tuck Pull to Invert

C. Finishing Junk

If anyone's got an Airdyne in their grandma's garage: they don't call them Satan's bicycle for nothing. Ouch.

Also, I am judiciously approaching back levers.

Looking forward to next week!

best,

j

Velocity

Okay, I didn't really do this one properly when looking at guys who subbed sprints with burpees and/or jump rope. But I wanted to sprint, so...

Generic warm-up of leg mobility, as well as L-sit practice

4 x 60 sec. shuttles as outlined, with 90 sec. rest

Then came inside...

4x

5 pull-ups

15 sec. FL tuck hold, hips still not parallel to ground yet

30 sec. German hang supported

I also have to ask... How is best to do the GH supported? I put my toes on a chair... It seems a bit odd, just saying. And while sprinting, I was forcefully reminded of my hamstring weakness. Without a GHR, without a partner to hold feet down to do GHR, and currently without a way to anchor my legs/feet, I'm a bit at a loss...

John Sapinoso

did as well as i could in my room without the rings

fsp

FL 15-30 degree straddle

BL this one was scary on the door sill so i only did one

PL advanced tuck

L

4 rounds on my one inch door sill (four finger grip)

shuttle runs...skipped this part :oops:

5 hopping pull ups

6 fl circle pulls

5 yewkis

my forearms feel okay, but my fingers hurt a bit.

AJ Ruffer
Velocity said:

I also have to ask... How is best to do the GH supported? I put my toes on a chair... It seems a bit odd, just saying. And while sprinting, I was forcefully reminded of my hamstring weakness. Without a GHR, without a partner to hold feet down to do GHR, and currently without a way to anchor my legs/feet, I'm a bit at a loss...

GH: Lower your rings a bit closer to the ground and put your feet on the ground, slowly increasing the height of the rings as your strength increases. If you're just using a pullup bar, use books or boxes, again increasing the distance between bar/floor as you become stronger.

GHR: for 1/2 GHR's, I pile a scuba cylinder, my weight vest, and anything else I have heavy on a sofa/bed and tuck my feet underneath. For a full GHR, I lay on the bed and put all that weight on my feet (weight vest first, to sort of distribute everything).

Gotta get creative with what we have available ;)

Freeflyer
ajruff said:
Velocity said:

I also have to ask... How is best to do the GH supported? I put my toes on a chair... It seems a bit odd, just saying. And while sprinting, I was forcefully reminded of my hamstring weakness. Without a GHR, without a partner to hold feet down to do GHR, and currently without a way to anchor my legs/feet, I'm a bit at a loss...

GH: Lower your rings a bit closer to the ground and put your feet on the ground, slowly increasing the height of the rings as your strength increases. If you're just using a pullup bar, use books or boxes, again increasing the distance between bar/floor as you become stronger.

GHR: for 1/2 GHR's, I pile a scuba cylinder, my weight vest, and anything else I have heavy on a sofa/bed and tuck my feet underneath. For a full GHR, I lay on the bed and put all that weight on my feet (weight vest first, to sort of distribute everything).

Gotta get creative with what we have available ;)

I'll video how I do Natural Leg Curls, and Natural GHRs using my car, and put it up for you. same concept can work with a bed or something similar.

Freeflyer

I know the form isn't perfect, but hope it helps some.

uXjeWYMfjTQ

AJ Ruffer

Subaru?! Nice!

David Beckerman

Did a usual warm up of fsp and mobility exercises.

4 rounds

60 sec shuttle runs

5 x pull ups

6 x XR floor rows

30 sec supported German hang

Stretching

I feel like I am making progress on my pulling exercises

Tyler Schmitz

Today's WOD

Warm Up: FSP

4x10 s Half Lay FL

4x10 s Tuck Pl

4x10 s Straddle L

4x5 PL Lean

4 rounds:

60 s shuttle run/jog

5 clapping pull ups

6 FL Circle Pulls

5 360 Pulls (adv. tuck Front pull, Full Lay Back Pull)

rested 3 min between rounds

Finished with short jog down road