This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Tao log

Started by Tao, December 21, 2010 · 4 Replies · 695 Views

Tao

Monday Dec. 20, 2010 week 5

day 1

L-sit (low) PB + DipsPB Russian

5x giant sets

2 reps 15-25 sec holds.

then right after move onto Dips

3-5reps

Rest for 1min

repeat

the dips were preformed with a slight jump.

L-sits (low) are solid. Considering Moving up the ladder?

Comments?

Tao

Tuesday Dec. 21, 2010 week 5

day 2

back lever (tuck) + L-pull ups

5x giant sets

2 reps 15-25 sec holds.

then right after move to pull ups

3-5 reps

rest 1 min

repeat

tuck back lever is solid. Going to continue working at it until eigth week comes, even though I feel confident with it.

L-pull ups are pretty solid as well, with more practice I'm sure they'll get easier.

Comments?

Tao

Wed. Dec 22 2010 week 5

Active rest day

Some jogging

and some light work of hanging leg lifts holds (half)

3 sets of 25-30secs

Jogging was nice and relaxing outside in the rain. I feel strong enough not to rest and just practice, but there isn't any point in rushing the flow of things. HLL ( half) was preformed as a static hold because I feel reps and movement would be too much.

Tao

Thurs. Dec 23 2010 week 5

Day 4

Static HandStand on wall+HeSPU (negative)

5x giant sets

2 reps 30 sec holds.

Then right after move to HeSPU (negative)

3-5 reps

HS was preformed with stomach on wall with hands 1-2 inches away from wall shoulder width. These were a little tough but with patience and practice things will get easier. HeSPU are pretty solid handled with a slow controlled descent, will continue to work on them until I feel very confident.

Tao

Ok so its now Jan 6 2010 Week 7... This christmas I got my set of Xtreme rings! So on week 6 I was eager to try them out...I can see why coach sommer and everyone else here recommends getting them! At first they were tough but I have adapted quickly! And they have tremendous carry-over to other exercises!

week 5

I preformed Handstand stomach to wall hold

x5 for about 25-30 sec each hold

This current week 7 on mon I preformed the same set/move and I gained it to 58-60 sec hold no problem! Not only that, it was A LOT easier and I actually could have gone longer but I wasn't trying to go for maximum time each set. I hadn't trained this move since week 5 that one day... hmmm.... week 6 I did nothing else but ring work, I'm addicted to those rings... I've concluded that the ring work has given me tremendous strength gains!

People go buy those rings! Best investment you'll make!

I'll be skipping the posts on week 7 and wait till week 8 to post my current static hold times and FBEs levels

Train smart!