Bridge wall walk - tension problem?

Started by AJ Ruffer, December 19, 2010 · 3 Replies · 2,278 Views

AJ Ruffer

From the bottom of the BWW position, I can lift myself straight to standing without the wall. Trying to lower myself down is another matter. I feel like I should have the strength to do the negative portion, especially since I can do the other (harder?) half with no problem.

When I'm lifting up, it' feels like I'm counterbalancing my upper body and pulling against my lower body which is firmly planted by both feet.

What do I need to be doing differently on the way down to stop using the wall?

Blairbob

Hmm, are you pushing your hips and chest forward as you lower down to the bridge from a standing position? This acts as a counterbalance so you don't drop onto your hands like a dead weight.

AJ Ruffer
Blairbob said:
Hmm, are you pushing your hips and chest forward as you lower down to the bridge from a standing position? This acts as a counterbalance so you don't drop onto your hands like a dead weight.

Wow, that was definitely the ticket. Managed to do a couple reps for today's WOD before I had to resort to the wall

Thanks a ton Blair!

Blairbob

no probs, you already had the harder part of the movement down but you didn't realize you just had to do it in reverse