Hi everyone,
I've been doing the WOD's since august and my overall stregth has been slowly improving, my right shoulder pain is pretty much gone and my elbows have also slowly been getting stronger. This is all great except for the fact that my wrists are getting weaker and weaker. Before I started the WOD's i was doing false grip pullups and also advaced frong stand and lsit on paralletes for about 4x 15s holds. After reading many posts I decided to go back to frog stand on floor and tuck lsits still on parallettes during warmups for half my max which was 30s. This was all going great till I started to feel the burn in the bottom of my wrist/forearm during frogstands after a few weeks.I've since dropped frogstands and started doing some of the wrist prehab although I can barely do the exercises from my knees. I was doing headstand presses the other day during the WOD and I was getting that burning feeling on the underside of my wrist/forearm. I tried to put more of the weight on my head and ended up falling over and pulling something in my neck.
Anyway sorry for the long story but my question is after my neck heals which will also give my wrists a rest what could I do that is more basic than I was already doing to prepare my wrists?
Could the wrist prehab be hurting me more then helping since its so hard? Would the wrist wroller work the underside of my forearm and wrist better?
Also do you think moving lsit to the floor will be easier on the wrists than frogstand was? Is that one of the reasons its a prereq?
The WOD's have been really great for me except for this wrist thing and now I paid the price in a roundabout way by hurting my neck compensating for my wrists. Don't want that to happen again.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Philip