Alright so im stuck between adv tuck and straddle.
Made this video, tell me what you guys think I should work on and what not.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpduLx1rTWw
Thank you
Started by Timy7, December 16, 2010 · 13 Replies · 2,589 Views
Alright so im stuck between adv tuck and straddle.
Made this video, tell me what you guys think I should work on and what not.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpduLx1rTWw
Thank you
Your girfriend sounds hot. That is all. ![]()
How long can you hold adv tuck? Coach still recommends building up to 1 minute of that.
HAHAHA thanks triangle!
Razz- 40-45 secs solid in adv tuck
your shoulders start to sag as you open up your hips, make sure your scapula are pushed out and down
yuri- thanks for weighing in man.
could you clarify, out and down confuses me a bit I guess
I'd do more scapula pushups and build some volume in the adv tuck. For example 10x20s holds.
What yuri means is that your shoulderblades should be pushed out and away from each other like when rounding your back in the top of a scapula pushup.
yea, keep pushing against the ground. it's normal that as you lean forward more, your shoulders have a tendency to go loose. This is wrong however
take a look at this guy and try to emulate:

Alright thanks guys, I appreciate the input. I just recently learned at ido's workshop you were supposed to do that, before I just kept everything flat.
Off to work on it!
Thank you again gents!
What is the purpose of arching the spine like that?
trianglechoke7 said:What is the purpose of arching the spine like that?
you mean rounding? muscle recruitment for one. pushing the scapula out helps recruit the chest and lats as well as the delts which should already be working hard. This not only makes the movement easier, but also safer.
It makes sense that you would push against the direction of the force for maximum muscle recruitment.
Makes sense. Thanks!
trianglechoke7 said:Your girfriend sounds hot. That is all.
ROFL
Congrats on having a hot girlfriend, dude! ![]()