Schedule differences between FSP and FBE

Started by Alex Solis, December 12, 2010 · 4 Replies · 2,609 Views

Alex Solis

Hi guys, I've an interesting question here. My schedule only allows to train the FundamentalStaticPositions and then, after 2 hours of rest, warm up and do the Fundamental Bodyweight Exercises. That's the only possibility I have of integrating FSP to my training :( Now the question is: do these two hours of inactivity between workouts will affect my strength gains? Or not at all?

Razz

Don't worry about it, the most important thing is that you get the work done :)

Freeflyer

I believe two one hour sessions in a day would generally be more ideal than 1 two hour session, with the exception of occasional mental toughening of doing a really long workout.

So I wouldn't worry too much about it at all. Just make sure to get a light warm up in before each. If you can take a longer rest, like 4 hours, that may be even more beneficial. Most people don't have time for multiple workouts/day though. I know I would be splitting my stuff up into 3/day if I had all the time I needed. As it is now I only usually get once/day and have to skip about 1/3-1/2 of what I want to be doing.

Pedro Otero

How much volume must one do per-workout for that multiple-times-a-day bonus to apply, vs. whatever negatives tiny brief sessions might have? Would a schedule that looked more like a GtG, but with different FSPs each time throughout the day (plus the one legit WOD session) be much worse than something like an FSP/WOD morning/evening split?

I might be forced into some variation of that anyway when school starts to make sure I don't miss a day ever again, but if it isn't actually a half-decent idea I'm curious about how much I might be losing like that.

Any thoughts?

Blairbob
As it is now I only usually get once/day and have to skip about 1/3-1/2 of what I want to be doing.
I have come across this as well.

Personally I like the idea of doing my WU, prehab, basics then FSP's and then later on doing a shorter WU, event work and FBE work. It's pretty keen if I get fit it all in per day. This is usually done as part 1 before I go on shift and part 2 after I am done coaching.