scapular prehab/workout

Started by Kyle Courville, December 11, 2010 · 4 Replies · 2,855 Views

Kyle Courville

1YHIV4a81Os

Has anyone ever tried the reverse of the video. For example, when doing the T position istead of facing away from and pushing the bands, you instead pull the bands and retract you scapula. I like doing this for all three positions: overhead, T, and hands down position. It is a great scapular workout. I find doing this in addition to Slizzardman's stretches makes my shoulders feel like a million bucks.

Sorry, I don't know how to upload the video properly, but I'm sure you can find it around the forum.

Cole Dano

remove this from the link and you are golden -

&feature

Kyle Courville

Thanks a million, Mr Brady.

Cole Dano

No problem -

Yes, i've done the reverse and think its excellent as well.

You can think of 'Ido's Routines' as a starting point. After you do them awhile you will find many variations are possible and that is one of the great things with the bands, you can hit the shoulders from so many different angles.

For strengthening the back i really like the facing the wall version of this routine, and do it often and prescribe it often. You can also play with where you hook the band to the rack (or door, wall etc) hooking it higher or lower.

Kyle Courville
Mr Brady said:
For strengthening the back i really like the facing the wall version of this routine, and do it often and prescribe it often. You can also play with where you hook the band to the rack (or door, wall etc) hooking it higher or lower.

Wow, that is a good idea. I never really put much thought into adjusting where I hook the bands. I imagine that will make me use different muscles and muscle groups. I always loved learning about shoulders and hips. I hope to one day be a physical therapist and/or gym owner who will never have to see a client again after working with them.