This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 101210

Started by Coach Sommer, December 10, 2010 · 11 Replies · 2,220 Views

Coach Sommer

Perform the following:

3 sets of MU, 2 Bulgarian Dips, roll backward to BL, pull out to FL, MU, 2 Bulgarian Dips, roll backward to BL, pull out to FL

5x15 seconds XR L-sit

5x15 seconds PL Lean

5x15 seconds German Hang

Finish the workout with 2x10 Wall Extensions.

notes:

1) Strive to perform the MUs with an emphasis on strength; keeping the kipping minimized or preferably eliminated all together. Be especially conscientious in locking your arms and turning out the rings at the top of each repetition.

2) Choose the most challenging BL & FL variations that you are capable of holding for a solid 3 seconds.

3) Do not rest during the Ring strength series.

4) You should however rest at least 3-5 minutes between ring strength sets.

5) Complete all 3 sets of the ring strength series prior to beginning the static hold position sets.

6) To perform PL Leans assume a pushup position with the XR adjusted to just off on the floor. Now keeping the elbows locked and the body completely straight, lean as far forward as possible into a correct PL

position. Your feet will remain on the ground for the entire repetition.

7) Perform the static hold sets as a single giant set; perform a set of XR L-sit and then move immediately to the PL Lean and then move immediately to the German Hang.

8 ) A short rest (30-60 sec) is allowed during the static hold positions work only after a single giant set has been completed.

gymgreg

One of my rounds from today:

37UYm43dFGc

Quite happy that I maintained a false grip trough the whole routine.

But I need to hold the statics longer. Was kind of rushing today.

Michael Traynor

Good work Greg, you are beastly, also thanks for posting because i wasn't sure to do roll backs or backwards rolls. I'm glad it's roll backs :)

Will try to video a round of mine too :)

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

Doing this tomorrow... can

Adam Rezner

Thanks for the video Greg, that helped me out a lot! This workout probably would have been a lot easier if I wasn't so sore and tired from the previous two days of working out :P .

Kenneth Manning

For whatever reason, this workout felt really great yesterday.

3 sets each:

MU-->2 bulg dips-->backward roll to BL-->back pull to 1/2 FL (1 leg extended); reset false grip and repeat*

*I was unable to maintain my false grip throughout the first half of the series, so I just quickly reset grip (2-3 sec) and continued through second half

I wanted a bit more MU work so I did the statics "embedded style" so that it looked like:

5 sets of:

MU-->XR L sit (15 sec)-->back roll to BL (3 sec)-->german hang (15 sec); drop from rings and feet elevated floor PL lean (15 sec)

Wall extensions: (8+2), (7+3) -- it amazes me how difficult these are after the preceding type of workout. I takes until the first few reps of the second set where I can really feel my shoulder girdle loosening up.

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

Warmup:

300m Row

12 Shoulder Dislocates

2 Strict Narrow MU

5 XR Ring Dips

15s Pushup Ring Support Hold

15s Back Lever Flat Tuck

Rest 30s

15s Back Lever Flat Tuck Again

WOD:

3 Rounds:

2 x Wide MU to 2 Bulgarian XR Dips to Full Back Lever to Flat Tuck Front Lever

(straddled at one set and failed last back lever set)

Rest 5 mins

5 Rounds:

15s XR L-Sit

15s Planche Lean

15s German Hang

Rest 2mins

Finish with 2 x 10 wall extensions.

f3DeWEQ3hCM

Freddie

I would like to practice WOD, but I don't have XR. What should I do? How can I substitute XR?

Chris Hansen
Freddie said:
I would like to practice WOD, but I don't have XR. What should I do? How can I substitute XR?

That's kind of where I'm at. I don't have access to rings and I'm limited by a short ceiling and a space the size of my living room so that makes it hard to do a lot of the exercises in the WOD.

Michael Traynor

A set of rings and the BtGB book are two purchases you must seriously consider if you want to get the most out this programme, especially rings, there is so much that you can do with them and so many things that you will struggle to replicate without them, they are not all that expensive and they are incredibly versatile, you can hang them in the park, on a tree, on a chin up bar, from a roof fixing.

To summarise buy some rings.

Tyler Schmitz

WOD done on Monday

Warm Up:

4x10 s Adv. Tuck/Half Lay FL

4x10 s Adv. Tuck PL

4x10 s HMSH

4x10 s Low Straddle L (legs are getting higher)

3 sets of:2 MU, 3 XR Dips(2 last set), roll back to full lay BL, pull forward to Adv. Tuck FL, 2 MU, 3 XR Dips(2 last set), roll back to full lay BL, pull forward to Adv. Tuck FL

rest 5 min in between sets

5 rds:

15 s XR L-Sit

15 s PL Lean

15 s German Hang

rest 1 min in between rds

Finished with 2 x 10 Wall Extensions on floor (have 3/4 way ROM on floor and isn't improving)

-question: Were we supposed to keep a false grip throughout the entire ring strength sets? I initially tried this but couldn't maintain it past the roll backward to BL. Perhaps it is because my rings are homemade from PVC pipe and lack the grip for it. I'd like to know if maintaining the false grip in ring strength sets is something we should be able to do and therefore a goal to work on?

Chris Hansen
Breaks said:
A set of rings and the BtGB book are two purchases you must seriously consider if you want to get the most out this programme, especially rings, there is so much that you can do with them and so many things that you will struggle to replicate without them, they are not all that expensive and they are incredibly versatile, you can hang them in the park, on a tree, on a chin up bar, from a roof fixing.

To summarise buy some rings.

I have the rings but I'll wait until the snow melts to hang them back up. Until then, I'm inside with my wobbly pullup bar and my living room.