Sorry if this theme has already been addressed. I'm on my phone and can't skim all the topics.
My problem is with my ideal weight for gymnastics. I'm 5'11 190# and 29 years old. I've never been this heavy in my life and have recently had some downtime due to a stress fracture in my shin. Being 190 makes everything harder obviously in gymnastics. I'm working on several strength holds like iron cross and planche. And I can currently do BL FL Flag press HS and muscle up among other things. So I'm not weak by my estimation. So I'm not sure if I need to change my diet or up my conditioning or what.
I generally eat the following:
1 1/2 Oatmeal with spread and brown sugar.
Or 3 eggs scrambled with toast and sausage
A sandwich on whole wheat with ham. For lunch
Or baked chicken with frozen vegetables
Dinner
2 pork chops. Vegetable.
Baked chicken and vegetables
Cheeseburger on grill with fries.
I can give more specifics if necessary. But generally I eat about three times a day when I don't train. When I do coaches WOD I eat four times. And I generally eat those kinds of foods without much deviation. I have been fast food free for three months now.
My workout is coaches Rxd WOD with about 6 hours of additional gymnastic training thru the week. So my basic question is if I need to slim down what's the best way to tailor my workouts to accomplish this goal? And if my diet is bad then how should I change it to suit that goal? Or am I ok and should I just keep it up and not worry about weight?