Well I've had this pain for a couple months but it seems to be getting worse lately and yesterday it was real tender. It hurts to the touch, and I feel it constantly, but not too bad when i'm using it.
If I stand with my palms forward and elbow pointed back, it's actually on the inner part, the bony knob that would be towards my body, not the big part that you use to hit an opponent in the octagon, ya dig? It's (actually both elbows) real tight in the morning, it's both elbows but mostly my left. It does hurt to curl today, but didn't yesterday when I did 4 sets, and tricep extension on the rings was impossible yesterday, that really hurt!
I train handstand against wall, l-sit, German hang (now tuck bl) 4x a week, and do pullups, pushups, dips, rows, etc a couple times a week each. I also have been lifting some but only once a week and that hasn't really aggravated it. It's not so bad that I can't train, which I guess is why I've been ignoring it and hoping it would go away for the last 2 or 3 months. Looking back thru my log one thing I've noticed is the switching to palms down German hangs and as I've gotten stronger doing more and more of my time with palms down, which seems to be a possible clue, but it was bugging me before that, just gotten alot worse lately.
I hate the idea of a lay off, but not really sure what to do. Hoping for some exercises that'll fix whatever the root of the problem is. Rehab/prehab plan, and how much if a break should I take?
Are there any exercises that are still ok to do? I really hate to layoff handstands, l-sit, back lever as I feel I'm really making strides with them all lately.
Any help is very appreciated, I love training only second to my kids. After that there's not much else important to me.