Goals for 2011

Started by Razz, December 9, 2010 · 6 Replies · 2,651 Views

Razz

Well it's December once again and it's time for the yearly goals thread :D

This year A lot has happened. I'm now finally post operation with no real harm and 99% injury free (yes, not good enough but getting there), my knowledge has grown a lot, especially since the seminar and I'm now also in a good club where I have access to a good facility almost every day of the week. Therefore I feel confident in setting some rather large goals for next year. I'd rather try to reach and fail than anything else.

Strength:

Iron cross (kinda sorta got this one but it's not solid every day)

Full planche (this one is probably going to be the hardest goal for me)

Ring straddle PL (have it on pbars)

Maltese (Guy at the gym believes I can attain this and he guessed 100% correct on how long it'd take me for a cross)

Inverted cross (This one I have no clue but I'll keep working!

10 consecutive straddle-l press HS (currently can do 3-4 l-sit to straddle press)

Inverse muscle up (I have a 10s+ negative in the middle of a ring serie, could be slower without)

Manna is not a primary goal but I want to see consistent progress.

60lb rope climb!!!!!

Acrobatics:

Double back flip on floor

Layout ½ twist tsukahara vault

Front handspring front layout vault

Punch double front on floor

30s free standing ring HS

Flexibility:

I don't want to set any passive flexibility goals as I know pushing too hard will lead to injury. My goal here is to be consistent with mobility and especially improve my active leg flexibility.

Other things I want to do.

Take PICP level 1 (just signed up)

PICP level 2

Biosignature level 1

Stay injury free

How I want to do it:

Use the basics of coach's program from the seminar coupled with shitloads of hard work. MINIMUM drinking and spot on paleo diet with supplementation.

let the goals posting and flaming of my goals begin :mrgreen:

yuri marmerstein

good luck man, keep us posted

double backflip on floor is one of my goals too, I don't work my tumbling often enough though these days

Svend

Wow, impressive goals, Razz! Even more impressive if you achieve them - we believe in you :D

Ok, here are some of my goals (hey, a year is a lot of time!!)

Strength:

Full lay front lever (I somewhat got this but it's not consistent)

Full lay back lever (for some reason I struggle with this but I'm seing plenty of progress)

Side lever pulls

OAC (got really slow negatives and partial reps)

Inverse muscle-up (got really slow negatives)

Straddle planche on floor and rings

Iron cross (haven't really started training this so I have no idea)

Straddle and pike press handstand

Acrobatics:

Inlocate and dislocate on rings

Front and back dismount on rings and parallel bars

Freestanding ring HS

Flexibility:

Just enough pike and straddle flexibility to attain press handstands (this seems to be a very limiting factor!)

Besides all this I want to attend one of the seminars! :)

Alessandro Mainente

backward rool to support

start to learn iron cross

full planche

other goals

(like morgan hamm) flare airflare airflare flare

Erik Sjolin

Strength:

Full layout front lever

Straddle planche (probably ambitious, but hey, it could happen)

Straddle L

Bower

Full ROM HSPU on parallel bars (or something similar)

75% bodyweight pull up for reps

one arm chin up

Flexibility:

Basically just keep on stretching and see where I end up

Other:

fix my collarbone so I can train my back levers and other moves without risk of injury

one arm handstand

freestanding ring handstand

Here's hoping that all goes well next year!

Michael Traynor

Sounds good guys, i'm looking forward to catching up with you in person Razz so you can impress me!

Well I don't have a full year of training under my belt yet so i'm not really sure how high or low to aim but here goes.

Back Bend (my lower back flexibility is holding up all my other pushing pregress)

Full Pike Bend

Freestanding HS on Rings

Press HS

Straddle PL

All sorts of MPPu Exercises once I fix my lower back.

Full 60s Set of:

L sit

V sit

Straddle L

Middle Split

Adv Tuck PL

HS

10 minute set of Wall Runs.

And anything else I can take, already made much faster progress than I expected if I can find a gym with proper equipment who knows what could happen :)

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

Press to HS

Ring HS Pushups Feet inside straps. (Still using some elastics assistance)

Improve Static Hold

I would say also Iron Cross but I think I need to spend some time in my progressions I'm following the progressions Strictly :mrgreen: