People are Awesome

Started by Coach Sommer, December 9, 2010 · 18 Replies · 4,541 Views

Coach Sommer

Canadian gymnastics coach Rick McCharles of GymnasticsCoaching.com posted this "compilation of awesome people doing incredible things."

Vo0Cazxj_yc

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

yeah I've seen this its awesome!

Gavin Strelitz

Very nice. Great collection of feats.

Freeflyer

Cole beat you to it in my badass thread :)

Razz

Damn that is one inspiring video! Wow :o

Christian Sørlie

Excellent! I notice that Damien Walters is in it 3 times...

Guest
Christian said:
Excellent! I notice that Damien Walters is in it 3 times...

And rightfully so :D

Cole Dano
biomieg said:
Christian said:
Excellent! I notice that Damien Walters is in it 3 times...

And rightfully so :D

cNvJy0zoXOY

Absolutely! :shock:

FritsMB Mansvelt Beck

Fantastic! I can't get enough of this.

Rafael David

Where's Ido? haha :lol:

Tarun Suri

I saw that video with Damien Walters before... I just never realized that the music was a remix to One WInged Angel!!!

Donar

Great video!

0.44 - 0.53 is fake though. If I remember correctly, they are running on poles in the water.

MCem222
Donar said:
Great video!

0.44 - 0.53 is fake though. If I remember correctly, they are running on poles in the water.

yea, it was part of this viral marketing scheme for an outdoor products company

Also, does anyone know about the clip at 3:09 with the monk doing a 2-finger handstand? Seems pretty ridiculous...

Tarun Suri
MCem222 said:
Donar said:
Great video!

0.44 - 0.53 is fake though. If I remember correctly, they are running on poles in the water.

yea, it was part of this viral marketing scheme for an outdoor products company

Also, does anyone know about the clip at 3:09 with the monk doing a 2-finger handstand? Seems pretty ridiculous...

Apparently, for a human to be able to run on water, they would need to be able to run at a speed of ~50ish km/hour.

And I remember a lengthly discussion on we had a few months back about that monk. I think the conclusions were that it is possible to achieve however the level of specificity required (which doesn't transfer well to other skills) wouldn't be what most people want since they wouldn't be able to excel as much in other areas.

Freeflyer
RandomHavoc said:

Apparently, for a human to be able to run on water, they would need to be able to run at a speed of ~50ish km/hour.

And I remember a lengthly discussion on we had a few months back about that monk. I think the conclusions were that it is possible to achieve however the level of specificity required (which doesn't transfer well to other skills) wouldn't be what most people want since they wouldn't be able to excel as much in other areas.

I would give up most things to be able to run on water. Then I could claim I am Jesus. Running on water > pretty much any athletic feat.

Longshanks

Brilliant posts thanks Coach and Mr Brady.

Seiji

I read that last week... it was amazing. What an incredible guy.

In my Japanese class, we were talking about it and we read an article in the New York times about ramen. It was originally made for the starving people after ww2 because it was cheap and only took hot water to make. Same thing now, It's being sent throughout Japan to help the survivors. Also, the crazy part, is how they deal with this. In America we just hole up in gymnasiums and complain, but the Japanese have created little societies, almost no one complains. People like hair dressers and dentists are giving their services for free to "do their part". The Japanese are such a great civilization.

AlexX
RandomHavoc said:
I saw that video with Damien Walters before... I just never realized that the music was a remix to One WInged Angel!!!

One of the few people awesome enough to pull that song off in my opinion.

This video is just awesome.