Static Hold Timer

Started by Sternford, December 7, 2010 · 7 Replies · 3,448 Views

Sternford

A minor inconvenience to me is trying to time my static holds, especially since my phone's screen blacks out after 27 seconds. I decided to make a little flash thing timer to fix this. It will also help with keeping resting times and such consistent. Put in the values you want and hit start. It makes a sound when a new set is about to begin or end. The only thing to remember is a new resting thing or set begins at the end of the sound, not the beginning. The sound is about 2 seconds. Hopefully you recognize these sounds.

Figured I might as well share and see what is thought about it

Timer

Mats Trane

Good stuff! Should have had that before todays Wod.

Can you make it work for Iphone?

Sternford

Well, it's flash, and from what I've heard flash and iPhones do not go well together. It costs money to make special apps for the iPhone, and I'd have to learn that from scratch. There is this. I don't have an iPhone so I don't know if it works though

[edit]that's only for videos. Maybe this? http://gizmodo.com/5607678/install-flash-on-an-iphone-4

Cole Dano

For iPhone there are a number of great apps available.

I use ultra timer for longer circuits of circuits with definite lengths and defined rest periods.

For static holds i use Metronome. Its very good, as you can not only set the speed, but also the rhythm. Say you want to do a minute hold, set the rhythm to 4/4 and then every 4th beat will have a different sound, so instead of counting 60 single beats you only need to count 15 of the 'other sounding' beats. This is very handy, just keep it running while you do your statics. this means you can take rest of any length of time and start when you are ready without having to fiddle with the timer.

However i do like Sterford's sounds very much.

sean.albo

Did you pull the sounds from Mario Kart?!

:lol:

I think I'll be using this regularly, thank you!

Sternford
sean.albo said:
Did you pull the sounds from Mario Kart?!

:lol:

mayyyyyybbbeeeeeee

Razz

Good job!!

Longshanks
Mr Brady said:
For iPhone there are a number of great apps available.

I use ultra timer for longer circuits of circuits with definite lengths and defined rest periods.

For static holds i use Metronome. Its very good, as you can not only set the speed, but also the rhythm. Say you want to do a minute hold, set the rhythm to 4/4 and then every 4th beat will have a different sound, so instead of counting 60 single beats you only need to count 15 of the 'other sounding' beats. This is very handy, just keep it running while you do your statics. this means you can take rest of any length of time and start when you are ready without having to fiddle with the timer.

However i do like Sterford's sounds very much.

Yea use the metronome as well, wouldn't be without it now. Here's a site where you can download for free for your pc if you're interested:

http://www.nch.com.au/metronome/index.html

I hadn't thought of using other sounds, the regular one seems to be like Chinese torture to my girlfriend as it is, think she'd actually leave me if if I got some computer game sound repeating every second for an hour n half few times a week! lol.