Back Portion Of Flare

Started by jamesters, December 7, 2010 · 3 Replies · 1,852 Views

jamesters

I have a hard time lifting my hips up high in the back portion of flares (the planche part). I've spent much time making a conscious effort to lift higher, imagining I'm taking i to hand stand or whatever. So I'm wonder if there's anything I should be focusing on or any specific drills to be able to lift higher in the back of flares.

Also, I wonder how important training circles are in regards to supplementing flares. I've not often had a mushroom on and circles feel much more difficult to train without a mushroom than flares (but with a mushroom it feels vice versa to me). I train flares 3 times a week and that much feels to exhaust me, but maybe it's worth adding circles to my training.

Alessandro Mainente

focuse yourself to learn circles on the floor, is possible...my homemade mushroom is broken so i did it...

learn the circle adding 1/4 of round until you can do it without problem...with the time try to get a great amout of circles (in quantity and quality)

learn planche can help but not necessary..

on the back if you don't have a full split maybe you have to balance forward with your shoulders..

for the rest there are may posts wich talk about this thing

the progression is circles-spindles-straddle spindle-flairs

maybe only circles help you to understand the "exension of hips"

Blairbob

Active hip flexibility.

Straddle L work

HS presses against wall in straddle.

Philip Chubb

I believe Coach once made a reccomendation to start and end their flairs on a higher surface. Perhaps that could help you.