My daughter is a level 3 gymnast (she's 7) and had a meet this weekend. I noticed that her and her teammates were much less prepared and polished than the team whom visited.
At the next higher level (5-6 I think) the girls from our gym were riddled with injuries (4 out of 7 girls wore braces or tape on their wrists or ankles). None of the similar level girls from the other team were braced or taped.
This gym has experienced some downturn, and has lost a former Romanian olympian whom had coached there for years recently and also their level 3-4 coach, whom left to continue her education. This deficit in coaching has not been remedied.
I am concerned about potential injuries down the road for my daughter. The coaches are not very approachable. The owner of the gym is also elderly (this gym is one of the oldest continually operated gyms in the state) and doesn't like any kind of change or adaptation at all, which is impacting the gym economically. On the other hand, my daughter has attended this gym for over 5 years now, and is comfortable there and has friends who train there.
Can anyone point me to some resources for joint prep work for a level 3-4 girl? Also, I'm interested in the training guidelines for this level of gymnast (as in length and frequency of sessions, etc)