my front lever is progressing quickly. after 2 months of training i am ready to tackle the straddle front lever. when i do this i have a problem creating tension in my abs and as a result my legs arent in line with my hips+shoulders but rather slightly pointing up. is their a problem with my technique or is more core strength needed?
straddle front lever
Started by cathal, June 16, 2008 · 2 Replies · 3,440 Views
This is technique and something I had problems with because I can straddle really wide. I tended to end up piking at the hips once I started playing with a straddle lever ( once I learned the progression and after I could not front lever anymore due to losing it ).
Just go back and work on that technique, squeezing your butt and not letting your toes get high.
thanks for the help. ill just focus on pointing my toes and tensing my glutes, abs and thigh muscles.