Rotator Cuff/Scapular Strengthening

Started by Bryce Warren, December 3, 2010 · 4 Replies · 3,780 Views

Bryce Warren

I've been overlooking these two things for my workouts and was looking for the best ways to strengthen them. I don't know too much about either and tbh I find it difficult to find things like this around forums. Anyways for scapular strengthening I used to do scapular rows hanging from a barbell, doing about 10 reps for 3 sets. For rotator cuff strengthening I did external rotations (band). This is just when I wasn't really thinking about it too much and not doing anything as strenuous as levers. Anyways if I could get some tips on the best exercises for these two areas that'd be awesome. I figured that I'd be throwing these in at the end of my workouts, but again I don't know much about them, so advice on where to throw em in and how often would be good. Thanks in advance.

Cole Dano

Ido Portal's band routines are a good place to start.

1YHIV4a81Os

y4Wo095zPnc

There are a multitude of other options, two of my favorites with weight are Cuban Press, and Dumbbell (or kettlebell) windmills.

Bryce Warren

Oh nice, I saw the 2nd video while I was looking around but not the first. Thanks.

Charles Weill

I use the first video's routine religiously before every workout. Great warmup tool and scapula mobilizer and strengthener. I feel like it gave me rotator cuffs of steel. That and the German hang.

Lifeline bands work well. I use the red ones.

Bryce Warren

Awesome, unfortunately I'll be waiting a couple days to try it out I think, pretty sore atm. So I'm thinking the next 3 days until Monday will be rest. Hoping I'm wrong though!