Hello everyone,
Despite having posted only a few times, I have been closely following the forum for the last couple of months and learning a lot from it. Thanks to all of you who "give" without expecting to "get". I'm also getting more and more jealous by the day, especially after reading about the seminars. Now that I'm making plans to attend the next seminar in May, I figured I would start getting myself more involved so you guys wouldn't wonder who the heck I am when we meet...
I'll start with something I've been curious about... It's been about two years since I got my rings and the book. Prior to that I used to do modest resistance training 2 days/week and ride my road bike 4 days/week. After getting the book I designed a workout and started to do FSP's & FBE's 3 days. I like cycling very much and have been doing it for the past decade, so I kept that as well, also for 3 days. About three months ago I decided to follow the WOD's. I wish I had done that from the beginning, but I guess I was intimidated and didn't realize the power of scaling down. Anyhow, that being the case, I upped my BtGB to 4 days with the WOD's since that's how Coach prescribes them. That meant that my riding needed to go down to 2 days. Now here's what I'm curious about: those two days that I ride, I do intervals. 2 intervals, 20 min each with a 5 min rest in between. The usual deal is that I keep my heart rate around 170 bpm for the duration of both of those intervals. In general, how do you think a cardio work of this intensity would affect the overall strength gains? In particular, would you think eliminating something like the 60 sec Shuttle Run from a WOD like this http://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5111 is considered cheating?
For what it's worth, I eat mostly paleo. A couple of times a week I will eat a slice or two whole grain bread w/PB&J or oatmeal or brown rice and some dairy but the rest is meat, fish, fruits, vegetables, nuts, good oils, coconut milk... You know, the usual...Usually manage to get 8 hours of sleep a day. Just can't squeeze in more than that. Life just gets too busy sometimes. I feel OK, but not very energetic. There are days when I do, but I haven't been able to pinpoint the cause yet. I really wish I could... And oh, last but not least, I'm 48 years young ![]()
Thanks for patiently reading all this...