Arginine Supplement?

Started by Bryce Warren, December 1, 2010 · 6 Replies · 3,509 Views

Bryce Warren

I didn't see very much about taking this so I'll just ask, is this a good supplement to be taking? I'm going to start doing slizzlardman's pre, mid, and post workout nutrition idea for the next while as well, so when is the most beneficial time to take Arginine? If there are better supplements to take please let me know as well, this is just something we happened to have around and I researched it a bit and found it could be useful, just wanted to see what other people here thought.

Blairbob

You can take L-Arginine, but if you are taking any Whey or Casein protein you should be fine.

You can take whey before, during, and after if you so wish.

Bryce Warren

Would taking L-Arginine with Whey be worth it? I take Whey and L-Arginine before and just Whey after. If L-Arginine isn't worth it can you recommend anything that would be more beneficial?

Freeflyer

Creatine would be more beneficial. Arginine is mostly for "t3h pumps" and is not proven to be effective like protein and creatine supplementation. If the feeling it gives you helps you get a better workout in, then sure, it may be worthwhile, but otherwise, save your money.

Bryce Warren

Ok, luckily we have creatine here as well, should I just take it with my protein about 20 mins before workout?

Razz

Flexi I recommend you read up on this stuff before just throwing away money on supplements. Get your nutrition straight first. To answer your question you can go with 5g before workout and 5g after. 5g in the morning on off days.

Bryce Warren

My nutrition is pretty much set, and I don't think this is the kind of forum where people give bad advice on purpose, I see lots of people talking about creatine on here and many that take it as well. Of course I'll look into it, I do with pretty much anything I'm thinking about taking, but anyways, thanks guys for the info.