Totally confused!!!

Started by Mitch, November 30, 2010 · 4 Replies · 2,348 Views

Mitch

Ok Guys I seriously need some help. I have been following the killroy70 template for ages but only fitting it in once a week due to my martial arts 3 times a week. I also do hill sprints, plyometrics and circuit training etc. I know I Need to fit more strength workouts in to get more progress the thing I need to know is should I go back to the start and work up to 3x60sec L sit and German hangs or should I continue with the killroy template or do the WOD, which I have never done.

I have rings and can do L sits on the rings but not from the floor and have never tried German hangs. Please help me with my routine as I am totally lost with what what I should be doing.

Quick Start Test Smith

I am also a beginner to Gymnastic Strength Training™, and I have been told to follow the WODs. You will have to scale down a lot, but that's perfectly fine.

Freeflyer

Definitely work up to 3x60s L-sits on the floor, 3x60s German Hang, and 3x60s ring support with fully locked elbows (start with doing this in a plank if you need to, I am!). 3x60s hollow holds and 3x60s arch holds are a good idea as well.

The WODs are great as well. Just be sure to scale them to your level. Whether you do them or not, you should really achieve the pre-req's above before trying to advance onto harder FSPs

Mitch

How often should I be doing the L sits, German hangs etc? Should I add in FBE to that as well?

Mitch

What is the best way to work up to doing 3x60secs on these pre tea exercises?