This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 101130

Started by Coach Sommer, November 30, 2010 · 14 Replies · 2,262 Views

Coach Sommer

Perform the following:

3 sets of; MU, 2 XR Dips, L-sit press shoulder stand, roll fwd into a MU to a shoulder stand, negative Reverse MU down to an inverted hang, 2 slow Reverse Cranks, 2 slow FL Pulls

5x15 seconds FL

5x15 seconds XR Strap HS

5x15 seconds German Hang

Finish the workout with 2x10 Wall Extensions.

notes:

1) Do not rest during the Ring strength series.

2) Rest at least 3-5 minutes between ring strength sets.

3) All static positions are held for 2 seconds unless otherwise specified.

4) Strive to perform the MUs with an emphasis on strength; keeping the kipping minimized or preferably eliminated all together. Be especially conscientious in locking your arms and turning out the rings at the top of each repetition.

5) Progressions for developing the XR shoulder stand are found in the Basic Ring Strength 3 essay.

6) You may use the feet on the straps to slow your descent during the negative Reverse MU.

7) Complete all 3 sets of the ring strength series prior to beginning the static hold position sets.

8 ) Perform the static hold sets as a single giant set; perform a set of FL (your choice of position) and then move immediately to the XR Strap HS and then move immediately to the German Hang.

9) A short rest (30-60 sec) is allowed during the static hold positions work only after a single giant set has been completed.

Tom Hiltbrunn

are we supposed to perform the german hang or do we do back lever progressions if we can?

Squatchy

That was probably my favorite workout to date! I love doing ring work like that.

Warmed up with a light set of pushups and pullups

did FSP's

adv frog stand + tuck planche

flat tuck BL

3 sets of workout as prescribed

did rowing muscle ups instead of regular ones

I'm getting a lot better at pressing to shoulder stand. I got about half way or so down on the negative reverse muscle ups, then I kind of just drop to an inverted hang from lack of strength. I did mostly flat tucks on the cranks and FL pull.

did 5 sets of the statics as prescribed

I'm not comfortable doing the handstands on the rings yet, so I did regular HS in front of a wall and pivoted my shoulders around some to give the best substitute I could :)

Practiced a couple more rowing muscle ups, did a few pullups, and finished with the wall extensions as prescribed.

giactom said:
are we supposed to perform the german hang or do we do back lever progressions if we can?

I'm pretty sure you're supposed to do the german hangs

gymgreg

Finally got a working cam again.

Tried backwards roll instead of forward roll today. Still sloppy, but i am seeing progress.

Also subbed one legged FL for FL Pulls, because I did a bunch of FL Pulls before the ring sets.

This is round three:JrYXblU0hXs

Kenneth Manning

Did HS WOD sunday and leg WOD yesterday and was feeling a bit fatigued today, but didn't go too bad.

Todays WOD (scaled):

3 sets:

3MU-->2 XR dips -->L sit to tuck press shoulderstand x 2-->back roll to invert-->2 invert pullups-->2 reverse crank (full BL) back pull to invert-->2 adv tuck FL pulls

5 sets of:

adv tuck FL (15 sec)-->BL (3-5 sec)-->german hang (15 sec); drop from rings, then XR support* (15 sec)

wall extensions 10, 8+2

*not confident enough to perform XR HS yet and regular HS's don't seem to come remotely close to was XR HS's accomplish, so I just went with XR support.

Razz
giactom said:
are we supposed to perform the german hang or do we do back lever progressions if we can?

I would never completely remove the german hang, but if you're proficient at BL and your elbows are ready for it, then feel free to add 5x15s BL.

Michael Traynor

First workout for me since I returned from Mallorca, I picked up a mad strong man bug on the way back, has to be the most frustrating thing ever to be that excited to train and not be able to.

Anyway back now and LOVED this WOD :)

WU:

5 mins skipping

Seminar stretches and warm up

Wrist series

3x5 wide grip pull ups

WOD:

Coach Sommer said:
Perform the following:

3 sets of; MU, 2 XR Dips, L-sit press shoulder stand, roll fwd into a MU to a shoulder stand, negative Reverse MU down to an inverted hang, 2 slow Reverse Cranks, 2 slow FL Pulls

5x15 seconds FL

5x15 seconds XR Strap HS

5x15 seconds German Hang

Finish the workout with 2x10 Wall Extensions.

5HK-iyv9r6I

Did cranks and all FL flat tuck but otherwise as above.

Extras:

3x10 PB Dips

Pike stretch

yuri marmerstein

this was a brutal one

'

I can barely move my arms

I did extra freestanding ring handstands in my warmup, and a couple sets of pelicans too.

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

I got the crank today... both of them... so happy :mrgreen:

Nrxszvo

How would a complete beginner be able to scale Ring Strength Series down? Would I find the easiest progressions of all these movements and then put them into their own series? Any information on scaling would be great!

Thanks, and nice work to everyone who can do this stuff! Tough workout I'm sure :)

Peace,

Nrxszvo

Nicholas Herreros

Look through the forum under, Ring Strength, Basic Ring Strength 1, this should help.

Quick Start Test Smith

Whoo boy! That was hard, but I think my handstands are getting better. Slowly but surely! : 8)

Patrick Angelo Sardilli
gymgreg said:
Finally got a working cam again.

Tried backwards roll instead of forward roll today. Still sloppy, but i am seeing progress.

Also subbed one legged FL for FL Pulls, because I did a bunch of FL Pulls before the ring sets.

This is round three:JrYXblU0hXs

Holy crap nice back roll! Gregor!

Tyler Schmitz

TUes. WOD

Warm up:

3x10 s adv. tuck PL on paralletes

3x10 s Low Straddle L on paralletes

3x10 s Adv. L-Sit on paralletes

3x10 s Full Lay XR BL

3 sets of: 2 MU, 2 XR-Dips, L-Sit Press to Sh. Stand, Fwd Roll to Sh. Stand, Neg. Rev. MU to inv. hang, 2 rev. cranks in full lay BL, 2 Half Lay FL Pulls

Finished with 2 x 10 Wall Extensions on floor

Ryan Libke

The forward roll from the shoulder stand was tough for me. It was not smooth at all, and I didn't get it on the second set. Great series though!