Best stretches, conditioning...etc

Started by Troy Rodriguez, November 27, 2010 · 3 Replies · 1,937 Views

Troy Rodriguez

Ok i would like to know what some of you other guys do in these circumstances. I am coaching Beginner, intermediate, and advanced power tumbling. I have my routines but over the last few months have come to realize that maybe I am missing out on some very good exercises or stretches from more experienced members here.

There are so many stretches, and conditioning exercises that I am finding it hard to fit it all in. I would like some help condensing the information so that my students are getting the best for their time.

Here is a brief list of some exercises that i use in each class. Typically not all of them but i change it up each class a bit so I hit them all. I will do each level as I go through the responses as I am much more comfortable with my upper level routines than with my beginners.

Beginner

Stretches - Straddle sit left, right and center. Pike pointed, and flexed lifting heels off the ground. Arm slide behind with lean keeping arms together. Right/Left/Middle Splits. Wrists/Ankles. Bridges.

Conditioning - Body positions(hollow/arch/straight). Forward Rolls in tuck/straddle/pike/step-out. zombie walks, lunges, bunny hops, AG walks on carpet sliders(crab and front extended arm plank positions). Hanging knee raises.

Skill Work - Cartwheels, Handstands, Bridge KO, BWO, HS to Wedge mat on wall to bridge to KO. FWO. Jumps (tuck/straddle/pike). Some tramp work on jumps, body control, seat drops, etc also.

Kids are usually in class for 1 hour 2x /week. I am seeing great returns from this procedure so far but I know the kids might platue after the newness wear off. I want to keep up the progression so i thought i'd ask. :?

What am I missing? Or are there things that I can replace with something more beneficial for the time spent?

Cole Dano

This is such a wide open question, everyone who has attended will say the same thing - go to the next seminar!

On the flexibility side - static bridges, butterfly, squat, static lunge.....

Troy Rodriguez

Ok. I would love to go to a seminar but I have issues with the following.

1. The only seminars listed are in Spain and already passed by.

2. They are $350 which is cheap but I will always have to travel very far from the midwest to go to one which is very costly.

3. I run my own business 5 days a week and then Head Coach a new gym 6 days a week. Time is my worst enemy.

Are there any plans to host one closer to the midwest? I think I am doing just fine as is but I would love to become more efficient through Coaches knowledge. The last thing I want to do is waste any time I have to help these children out. Also are the seminars based on Coaching techniques or more for the fitness enthusiast? What I can do for one individual is always more streamlined than what I can do for a room full of people at similar levels.

Will there ever be a recorded seminar for purchase? I know it's not the same but at least being able to hear it all explained in seminar fashion with Q&A times would be amazing help.

Don't get me wrong I'm coming to one i just hate wasting time before it comes around. Does Coach do private seminars?

Freeflyer
taenkarth said:
Ok. I would love to go to a seminar but I have issues with the following.

1. The only seminars listed are in Spain and already passed by.

2. They are $350 which is cheap but I will always have to travel very far from the midwest to go to one which is very costly.

3. I run my own business 5 days a week and then Head Coach a new gym 6 days a week. Time is my worst enemy.

Are there any plans to host one closer to the midwest? I think I am doing just fine as is but I would love to become more efficient through Coaches knowledge. The last thing I want to do is waste any time I have to help these children out. Also are the seminars based on Coaching techniques or more for the fitness enthusiast? What I can do for one individual is always more streamlined than what I can do for a room full of people at similar levels.

Will there ever be a recorded seminar for purchase? I know it's not the same but at least being able to hear it all explained in seminar fashion with Q&A times would be amazing help.

Don't get me wrong I'm coming to one i just hate wasting time before it comes around. Does Coach do private seminars?

That was a special event. The normal seminars are in Scottsdale, AZ on Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day Weekend.