Hey guys
I recently got back into doing pistol squats. I stopped squatting for a little while when my left knee started cracking regularly at the bottom of the squat position, accompanied with mild pain. The problem has gotten better (no pain, sometimes cracking), so its about time for me to take up squatting again.
Heres the video
After this set I felt slight tightness in my lower back. A few days before I did a set of 20 and felt slight pain in my lower back. I noticed that I'm rounding it at the bottom so I can lean forward and maintain balance- could that have something to do with it? How arched or rounded would the back ideally be in a squat?
Also, is it better to work sets with one leg or alternating? I used to do sets, but found myself favoring the left leg heavily. I feel much more stable and in control with my left leg, and also can do more consecutive reps.
Feel free to comment on anything else you see
Thanks,
MCem