If you just focused on muscle ups?

Started by Timy7, November 25, 2010 · 2 Replies · 7,869 Views

Timy7

Would you imbalance yourself too much?

Say working on muscle ups GTG style, while still working my static work 4-6 days a week per usual?

I want an andreas aguilar muscle up. So really want to focus on them.

Any thoughts?

O I can already do muscle ups smooth for reps, but cant keep an L-sit once I hit the transition and lets face it his is just so smooth.

Not indefinitely, but say forsake all the other pushing and pulls for around 6-8 weeks then see where I am?

Razz

Should be ok if your static work is balanced.

Coach Sommer
Timy7 said:
I want an andreas aguilar muscle up. So really want to focus on them.

Then, when you are physically prepared to do so, you will need to focus on more advanced ring strength elements; e.g. iron crosses and cross pulls etc. Andreas did not build that level of strength with muscle-ups as they are only an introductory-level strength element.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer