Canadian MAG coach. Some very good drills, besides examples of basic and intermediate ring swings. Don't try them on your GB rings but there was a recent thread about developing ring swing awhile back.
doh!
Started by Blairbob, November 22, 2010 · 9 Replies · 17,225 Views
Canadian MAG coach. Some very good drills, besides examples of basic and intermediate ring swings. Don't try them on your GB rings but there was a recent thread about developing ring swing awhile back.
doh!
And the link to that channel would be....? ![]()
That's a great channel. He has lots of cool exercises.
I liked the exercises down on tramp besides the up close hand video on mushroom and pommel.
I was thinking the same thing. Pommel is my weak point when it comes to coaching. All the help I can get there is appreciated.
What I would really like to see is some exercises for scissor work.
Simple, do lots of false scissor with a high back leg kick. Unfortunately when gymnasts start doing scissors they sometimes don't kick the back leg as much.
Before false scissor, it's good to have really big stride swings. Stride swing being swinging in a front split.
I haven't coached scissor 1/2s or fulls or beyond so who knows about those or played with different variants of the traditional scissor.
Any ideas what happen with his channel?
I think he pulled it. Not sure. Too bad.
Is it this channel? http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeLangley
TONS of videos. He's uploading like 10 or more per day.
Nope, that's from American-Gymnast.com