Is it a bad idea to train the basics in one sitting?

Started by Dillon Kolacz, November 22, 2010 · 7 Replies · 2,570 Views

Dillon Kolacz

I was just wondering if it would be a bad idea to train manna, planche, front lever, back lever, and handstands in one setting three times a week.

Blairbob

No, many of us do it 4 days a week, even if it's only the beginning progressions of each movement.

Dillon Kolacz

hey thanks a lot :)

Blairbob

It very much depends on your ability to recover and how much time you have.

Felipe

For a beginner I would drop planche (FL e BL are enough) and do L-sit before even starting manna progression. HS work is a must.

Blairbob

bingo. still playing around with the frogstand can be beneficial but you probably won't be able to progress with tuck planche until you have a decent L-sit.

Dillon Kolacz

i already have a full minute l sit on the floor. I had previously been training Manna/Planche/Handstands, but I just got a new pullup bar that I can do front and back lever progressions on :). I just wasn't sure if it was too much to add front and back levers to my current routine. Thank you guys :)

Blairbob

You are on your way to being awesome. Get it.