This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 101123 - DO NOT PERFORM UNTIL TUE

Started by Coach Sommer, November 17, 2010 · 16 Replies · 2,520 Views

Coach Sommer

Due to my upcoming departure to Europe for the GB Mallorca Seminar, this WOD is being posted early. Be sure to NOT perform it until Tueday Nov 23.

vTIfss5oF8w

Complete four rounds:

60 sec Shuttle Run

5 Hopping Pull-ups with Toe Touch

10 ½ FL Pulls

15’ Cirque

notes:

1) The Shuttle Run should be performed with an all out effort. The primary focus of the Shuttle Run is to elevate the heart rate over 170 BPM.

2) Perform your shuttle runs in the following fashion; sprint out 5yds & return, sprint out 10 yds & return, sprint out 15 yds & return. Continue in this fashion non-stop for 60 seconds.

3) Move immediately from the Shuttle Runs to the Hopping Pull-ups with Toe Touch. Perform these by performing a hopping pull-up and leg lift simultaneously. At the top of the movement when exploding upward, reach over the bar to touch the toes at the top of the leg lift.

4) If the Hopping Pull-ups with Toe Touch are too challenging, substitute Clapping Pull-ups.

5) Move immediately from the Hopping Pull-ups with Toe Touch to the ½ FL Pulls.

6) Move immediately from the ½ FL Pulls to the Cirques. If you do not have a rope, substitute 10-15 Towel Pull-ups for the Cirque.

7) You may rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.

Tom Hiltbrunn

i am curious as to how to do a 1/2 FL pull...could anyone explain for me please?

M_L_T@Hotmail.com

If I understand correctly a FL pull will start from a full hang, travel through a FL and finish in an inverted hang.

The 1/2 FL Pull will start from an inverted hang, lower to a FL and then return to the inverted hang.

Mark

Alex Dienaar

Mark! The exercise you described is a 1/2 front pull. Not a 1/2 Front Lever Pull :P

For the 1/2 FL Pull = Start in hang ->pullup to chin over bar -> from there lower into a front lever variation of choice with a small pause -> lower to normal hang

M_L_T@Hotmail.com

ahhh...

apparently I don't understand correctly! If I had £1 for everytime I get the Front Pull and Front Lever Pull the wrong way round...

:?

Mark

Steve C

Very tough workout today!

Easiest to say i had to significantly adjust the session and i was still done after 2 rounds!

Anyone completing this as listed is a pulling beast!

Justin Kyle

Warmup:

Straddle L partial rolls 3x5

PPP on rings 3x5

Full lay BL 4x8sec

Iron Cross work

WOD four rounds of:

60 sec shuttle run

5 clapping pull ups

10 FL pulls adv tuck/tuck (adv tuck first 2 rounds and tuck the last 2)

15' Cirque (having this last sucked so bad! Had to use my legs all four rounds)

*One of the harder pulling workouts in a while! Having the cirques at the end instead of the beginning really sucked. Need to work on those toe touch pull ups. God bless guys

Mats Trane

And I thought I was decent at pulling. My back is SCREAMING!

Coach,

Out of curiosity, after a wod like this what a apparatuses would your guys train? Push or pull or maybe FX and Vault??

Mats

Tyler Schmitz

Tues WOD

Warm Up:

3x10 sec adv. tuck PL

3x10 sec low straddle L

3x10 sec side lever hold

4 rds:

60 sec shuttle run/jog

5 clapping pull up (no appropriate equipment for hopping pull up with toe touch)

10 adv. tuck FL pulls

15 towel pull ups (1x15;1x9 and 6;1x8 and 7;1x7,4,and 4)

rest 3 min between rds

towel pull ups were hard being at end of round!! my back and arms were blown up!!

Kenneth Manning

Wow. This was a tough one. Anyone else find 1/2 FL pulls harder than regular FL pulls? Anyway...

stationary bike sprints (high resistance) x 4 rounds [average bpm 180]

Clapping pullups x 5,5,5,5

1/2 FL pulls (8+2); adv tuck FL pulls (7+3), (5+3+2), (4+3+3)

Rope pullups 10, (8+2), (6+4), (4+3+3)

Man, this one was brutal. In a good way, of course.

Squatchy

Whew, this workout crushed me. I was having to do hopping/jumping pullups and resting a sec here and there not very far in because my arms just didnt have it in em :lol:

killroy70 said:
Anyone else find 1/2 FL pulls harder than regular FL pulls? Anyway...

Yeah I think I'm with you there, the 1/2 pulls seem to be a little tougher than the full pulls for me, maybe it's because I suck at pullups or am not doing them with correct form or something :lol:

Calder Photography

Trying not to push too hard into failure:

Complete four rounds:

60 sec Shuttle Run

5 Hopping Pull-ups with Toe Touch (did clapping pullups)

10 ½ FL Pulls (did 3 of these, fucking hard in the middle of a workout)

15’ Cirque (did 5 towel pullups)

Tom Hiltbrunn

WU:

Swam laps

HS work for ten minutes

Static Progressions for PL, FL, BL, L- sit

WOD:

60 sec shuttle run

5 clapping pull ups

10 FL pulls adv tuck

15' Cirque (used a rock climbing rope which was really hard to grip! Doing negatives after getting to the top were so difficult!)

CD: Stretch for 15 mins.

comments: excellent workout! it was really really intense but it was a lot of fun to do! i am gonna be feelin it tomorrow!

j4b

Ahhhh what do we do today I don't know I'm lost ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I hope it's a leg day...cuz I'm going for a run and doing some jumps along the way

Mathias Flækøy

What to do today?

Justin Kyle

Killroy! I thought the same thing about 1/2 FL pulls and regular FL pulls. I thought the 1/2 FL pulls were much harder because of the pull up part along with pressing in the FL position. This was a brutal workout and I'm still feeling it in my latts today ha. Happy thanksgiving you guys and God bless

pogo69

I guessed legs... #1 because it felt like we were about due and #2 because I'm working weights for legs so it's easy for me to program.