This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 101116

Started by Coach Sommer, November 16, 2010 · 12 Replies · 2,126 Views

Coach Sommer

K7DaRCQh0lY

Perform:

1x10 Cast Wall Walks

1x5 Pike Box Press HS

1x10 Straddle Box Press HS

10 minutes of HS Wall Runs

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

notes:

1) Rest 1-2 minutes between Press HS sets.

2) If Cast Wall Walks are insufficiently challenging, you may perform PL Wall Walks instead. The key difference between these two variations is that the hands will remain behind the shoulders at all times during the descent and ascent of the PL Walks, whereas in the Cast Wall Walks the hands are directly under the shoulders.

3) Remember to adjust the height as necessary during the Box Press HS variations to ensure that the presses are sufficiently challenging.

4) If you cannot press to HS, then press to HeS.

5) If you are strong enough, replace the Box Press HS variations with Press HS from an L-sit on parallets or PBs.

6) If you exceptionally strong, perform the Press HS variations on the XR.

7) Rest 3-5 minutes

8 ) Spend 10 minutes performing HS Wall runs. Time spent resting does not count toward the 10 minute total. Strive to perform the 10 minutes of HS Wall Runs in as few sets as possible.

9) Rest as necessary, but strive to keep rest periods to an absolute minimum. Unless you are already extremely well conditioned gymnastically, this should be a very challenging workout.

10) You may increase the intensity of the HS Wall Runs by lifting a straight arm up to the hips during each step rather than merely touching the shoulder.

j4b

- 1x10 cast wall walks

- 1x5 pike HS RLL

- 1x10 straddle HS RLL <-- did both of these with legs lowering to about a 90 degree angle - my pressing strength is terrrrrible

- 10min HS Wall runs (hands to hips, 10x 1min rounds)

2x10 wrist pushups (legs elevated about 3ft)

- first time i could do 1 minute rounds easily!!! :D

kevinrohrbach

WU

Joint mobility

Ido's scapular mobilization

Wrist series (wrist extension & flexions in four directions, 10 wrist push-ups from knees)

FSP

2x30s

(elevated straddle l-bent + tuck FL)

(Planche lean + reverse planche lean)

(LS-low + tuck BL)

WOD

4+2+2+2 Cast wall walks

5 Pike HeS press

7+3 Straddle HeS press

10mins of Wall HS run work — working times usually around 30-45s

Because I missed yesterday's WOD, I included the following:

3x5 weighted Box jumps (12kg)

2x5 weighted Arch-ups (20kg)

Comments

  • [*:1edawt04]Cast wall walks still improving (subjectively)
    [*:1edawt04]Stability in press to HeStands improving
    [*:1edawt04]Wall HS runs are quite intense :) this is the first WOD that I've done that included them.
    [*:1edawt04]I should really get a weight vest. I think that would have simplified the Box jumps no end!

Squatchy

Those HS Wall Runs are brutal!

This is the 2nd time I've done this workout, I noticed a good bit of improvement in the wall runs compared to the first time I did it. Still rough though, haha :lol:

Tom Hiltbrunn

FSP:

10 min. Handstand work,

2 x 23 sec. advanced frogstand and 3 x 5 sec. tuck planche,

5x 13 sec. L sit alternating with high tuck L sit,

5 x 13 sec. front lever

5 x 13 sec. back lever

FBE:1x10 Cast Wall Walks

1x5 Pike Box Press HS

1x10 Straddle Box Press HS

10 minutes of HS Wall Runs

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

Comments:

My goodness that was intense! those HS wall runs are INSANE! :shock: It took me about a half an hour to complete if not an hour! lol at the beginning i had no idea how i was gonna do 10 min total! but I did! my arms are dead but i did them! and also the pressing are super difficult.... in fact the whole thing was difficult lol but i had a friend spot my legs in the press... i feel like there is a super gap between doing them in headstand position and HS position. I can do the headstand ones fairly easily but when i go on my hands they are practically impossible!

Justin Kyle

Warmup:

Adv L sit - 3x12ish sec

Adv tuck FL - 4x10

Reverse Cranks - 3x3

Iron cross work with theraband assistance 3x4

WOD:

1x10 Cast Wall Walks (did first 5 reps in planche and did the rest in pushup)

1x5 pike press Wall HS

1x10 straddle press Wall HS

10 minutes of HS wall runs in 5 sets with 20 sec breaks

*Did a lot of press HS work yesterday and of course we had this today! This workout is usually hard but it was a lot harder today due to fatigue. Press HS are feeling better. I'm down to a 1ft block and can get about 5 or 6 straight reps in straddle before failure. Pikes are a different story ha. Getting the hips overhead is a pain in the butt. Oh well, just got to keep working them. God bless guys

Kenneth Manning

Today made me wish I didn't do powercleans yesterday. Traps were sore to begin with...

Today's WOD:

Cast wall walks 3x5 (30 sec break between each set)

Box pike press wall HS (18" box) 8 single reps (30 sec rest between each)

Straddle press HeS (head on 6" block) x 10

HS wall runs 10 sets of 45 sec (1 min rest between each set) -- I'm averaging about 1 shoulder touch/sec, is that the standard pace? (40-50 shoulder touches each set [45 sec], 20-25/shoulder)

2x10 wrist pushups on knees

Tyler Schmitz

Today WOD

Warm up:

3x10 s Adv. Tuck/Half Lay FL

3x10 s PB Low Straddle L

3x10 s XR Adv. LSit

1 x 10 Cast Wall Walks

rest 2 min

1 x 5 Straddle Press HS Negatives

rest 2 min

1 x 5 Pike Wall Press HS

rest 1 min

1 x 5 Straddle Wall Press HS

rest 5 min

10 x 1 min HS Wall Runs

rested 30 sec between each set (15 min total)

Finished with 2 x 10 Wrist Pushups with feet elevated

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

WU:

500m Row

2 Rounds:

12 Shoulder Dislocate

3 HeSPU (Facing Wall)

5 SLS/Leg

5 Elastic Bar MU (Purple Elastic)

5 Front Roll MU

WOD:

1 x 10 Cast Wall Walks (Completed all 10 in a row first time ever)

Rest 1 mins

1 x 5 Pike Press HeS

Rest 1 mins

1 x 10 Straddle Press HeS

Rest 5 mins

10 minute total work of HS Wall Runs (1:00 work; 1:30 rest; accomplished all 10 minutes once more!)

Finish with 2 x 10 Wrist Pushups on Knees (Slower Tempo!)

Good day today!

Finn Frank

First time I've tried this WOD, it was a killer, and I didn't even finish :(

WU:

3-4mins Jogging in place

Shoulder mobility

Wrist Series

3 rounds of:

FTFL 5s

FTBL 5s

(FX) L-sit 5s

Frogstand 15s (wrists cant handle Advanced Frog.

WOD:

Cast walks: 2+3+2+2+1

rest 2 mins

1 x 5 Pike press HeS (head elevanted 6")

1mins rest

1x5 Straddle Press HeS 2+2+1 [here is were it all went wrong, I messed about for ages trying to do box presses and wall presses and just ended up tired and lost focus]

2 x 15s Wall HS (will do HS wall runs once I have a 60s Wall HS and I was too tired after above to do more hold :()

- I definitely need to add in straddle L to my WU because I haven't been working it and i really felt it when trying to straddle press!!

- Next time I won't mess about with variations I cant do and just stick to what I should be doing, never hurts to be humbled once in a while :)

Quick Start Test Smith

Warm up:

5 min. jog in place

Wrist routine

Ido's scapula mobilization

Ido's squat clinic

Adductor flies w/ 5- lbs, 3x8

Main part:

1x60s Wall HS (30, 30)

1x5 Wall HeS box press (I think, I'm still not exactly sure how to do these)

*1-2 min. rest*

1x5 Wall HeS box straddle press

1x5 (max) HSPU with feet elevated on waist high box (there was no way I could do HS runs no matter how much I wanted to!)

1x5 bar dips w/bar in front

1x5 PB dips

Conditioning + Flexibility training

John Sapinoso

Perform:

1x10 Cast Wall Walks (pl walks; 5, 3, 2)

1x5 Pike Box Press HS (floor, floor, 6in x 3)

1x10 Straddle Box Press HS (floor x 5, 6in x 5)

10 minutes of HS Wall Runs (3 min run hip taps, 2 min run, 1 min run, 2 min hold, 2 min hold)

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups (straight elbow from knee)

Joshua Naterman

All right! Definite progress here!

I have also completed my initial planning for my new warm ups, which all take 15-20 minutes.

Warm up for today:

WU 3

This is all done with no rest. There are a few supersets in here to make that possible, you can probably imagine where they are.

1 HeSPU

2x10 V ups

2x10 Jefferson curls

3 sets of liquid steel™ ankle prep

2x7 HLL

2x7 straight arm side plank raises

2x20 barbell biceps curls 45lbs

1x7 Standing Military press 135

1x15 Olympic squat 135

1x3 Olympic squat 225

BANDS:

3 main elements of Coach Jeff's band routine

15 reverse cross

15 external rotation side

15 supraspinatus

15 external rotation elevated 90 degrees

WOD:

4,4,4 cast wall walks. Form is getting better all the time. I have decided to work on my form instead of trying to do more in each set for a while. The better my form gets the harder these are on my shoulders.

5 reps 5" elevated HeS Pike press. I got the first 4 reps perfect, and the last one I had to lower in a straddle. This is great, what a fantastic progression!

10 reps 5" elevated HeS Straddle press. This time, this was super easy. Very cool! Having the HeS presses in my warm up 2-3 times a week has made a huge difference.

3 rounds of 36s wall runs, 7 rounds of 36s wall HS. 60s rest between rounds. I can finally force my shoulders to open a bit more, so I am focusing on my wall HS. It feels totally different with the shoulders more open.