video update handstand training 06-11-08

Started by Ortprod, June 13, 2008 · 10 Replies · 3,173 Views

Ortprod

Hey guys,

Just posted a new video on youtube. Looking for critiques.

Thanks,

-J

Blairbob

Hand placement is wide for your press handstand on ground. This is either poor form or a limit in shoulder flexibility, I'm thinking the latter since I see a shoulder angle in your handstand on parallettes.

Nice straddled V work. I envy.

Ortprod

Thanks BB,

I wasn't sure about the hand placement before. I will fix this immediately.

Thanks again,

-J

Blairbob

Ideally that shoulder will be right into your ear. Hands roughly shoulder width apart. This can depend on the angle of your elbows. Try to have the crook of your elbow face forward as much as possible.

jparkdzg

unless youre trying to do a japanese press. then the wider, the better.

bodyguard

I am impressed

You have been in gymnastic always or do u do also weight training?

Ortprod

I actually have never been in gymnastics, I just read a lot. I would very much like to be though. Yes I do a decent amount of weight training.

Thanks for the complement!

bodyguard
Ortprod said:
I actually have never been in gymnastics, I just read a lot. I would very much like to be though. Yes I do a decent amount of weight training.

Thanks for the complement!

I am in weight training too and I am interested in Ring training. Hope to order the rings one of these days.

Coach Sommer

Actually very nicely done and quite impressive progress for someone working entirely on their own.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Mark Weaver

Nice Work! Definately motivating.

Offtopic, but why do you use 'mizu no kokoro' as your signature?

Ortprod

Thanks very much Coach!

I use "mizu no kokoro" (mind like water) because it represents how you have to absorb information as you are practicing skills but you cannot hold onto thoughts or you will fall. I try moving meditation as I train. It was a lot easier in martial arts cause I had done that for years :P gymnastics is all new to me.