Front lever progress

Started by Niels Joergensen, November 15, 2010 · 9 Replies · 2,645 Views

Niels Joergensen

hey guys hope you're all doing well :) !

Just finished my steady state cycle and did some testing on the front lever.

I will focus on my straddle for the next SSC. Just for fun I wanted to look how my full FL looked and thought I would share it :) .

ps.(I can do this hold without false grip)

http://vimeo.com/16863459

Justin Kyle

Nice man! That looks pretty solid to me. I hope mine can get looking like that here soon. :)

Alessandro Mainente

looks good...it's only a opinion but i prefer the front lever with the back straight or little bit arched...not hollow

Freeflyer

Usually straddle is an easier progression before full lay.

Also, it looks like your shoulders are rolled forward. Try doing it while pulling your scapulas together.

Neal Winkler
Nick_EOD said:
Usually straddle is an easier progression before full lay.

Also, it looks like your shoulders are rolled forward. Try doing it while pulling your scapulas together.

Nice! How long have you been training and what's your height/weight?

Niels Joergensen

I'm not strong enough to use perfect form that's why I'm piking the hips. I just felt good and filmed it for fun. just thought I'd share my progress. I've progressed from the flat tuck to straddle so i'm not there yet still have some way to go. :)

Niels Joergensen
trianglechoke7 said:
Nick_EOD said:
Usually straddle is an easier progression before full lay.

Also, it looks like your shoulders are rolled forward. Try doing it while pulling your scapulas together.

Nice! How long have you been training and what's your height/weight?

182 cm and 75 kgs.

I've done bodyweight strength training for a while. Wasn't undtil I bought BtgB that I started to become very conscious about my training. I've done Gymnastic Strength Training™ for half a year maybe. :)

Alessandro Mainente

front lever is better that before...only one things if try to not hollow your body on BL, open your chest...

Niels Joergensen

You are right. Back lever wasn't at its best in that videoI can do a better one. the primary focus was the FL in this video :)