Hey, will it be a good idea to use wrist support bands(the one used for pommel horse and parallel bars(http://www.gymnasticplanet.com/wristsup ... up/911.htm)) for floor and static training? Or the one you put around your thumb are better for floor? Thanks in advance.
Wirst Support for apparatuses and static training
Started by azero, November 14, 2010 · 4 Replies · 2,719 Views
Unless you have a previous medical condition I can't see why it would be a good idea to use a wrist support. Are you injured now? If you are just starting then let your wrists strengthen and gain flexibility naturally.
Sorry, I did not explain it right! I have quite a lot injures(aside gymnastics) and feel pain when I'm training. I'll buy supports and I think to buy one that I can use for p-bars and pommel horse(nevertheless I do not feel such pain when I'm training on them). Will using them on floor will have same effect as when I'm on apparatuses?
Whether or not wrist supports are necessary is completely dependent upon the individual. If you have given the wrists enough time to adapt to the training loads, have been diligent in your wrist prehab work and your wrists are still bothering you, then you may be one of those individuals who require these.
However this does not have to be an all or nothing situation. My recommendation is to begin your training for the day without the supports and then once your wrists have had enough use them to continue your workout.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Ok, I'll do this. Thanks very much.