Front and Back Giant Outside

Started by norbeex3, November 12, 2010 · 10 Replies · 2,927 Views

norbeex3

Hi Guys!

So I came by this video earlier this month and I was amazed by the skill of these athletes in the video. They are capable of multiple front and back giant swings on an outside high bar and I doubt they are gymnasts they're just hitting the bar seriously.

LE-g3LZUYU0

You can see a back giant at '2:01'(better) '5:03'(sort of) , and a front giant at '5:12'

Pretty cool if you ask me.

Any idea how they were developed? (I'm not thinking about joint-tendon prheab and things like these only skill(and strength) wise.

Thanks!

norbeex3

Blairbob

They are developed similar to any other giant. Seriously, check out usa-gymnastics.org and go through the magazine archive and you'll find a lot of articles on coaching giants.

It's different but my friend has a bar he has hung from his ceiling in his dojo that he and his sons used to do giants on. I won't do advanced HB since there isn't much of a landing area or chalk or grips, etc. But it can be done.

norbeex3

since i'm not from the USA, my IP adress is identified as an EU adress and I cannot view that content I guess :S

Anyone has the archives about giants? I would love to read all the archives too if anyone could upload them to rapidshare or something. :)

Blairbob

I'll see what I can do this weekend or monday.

Blairbob

USECA has some articles as well.

Freeflyer
norbeex3 said:
since i'm not from the USA, my IP adress is identified as an EU adress and I cannot view that content I guess :S

Anyone has the archives about giants? I would love to read all the archives too if anyone could upload them to rapidshare or something. :)

That is odd, I am currently in Japan and I can view it...

Razz

I've seen it from Europe before aswell..

norbeex3

nah I don't know what was the problem i can see it now too. Couple of days ago when I tried it the first time I clicked on a link at the magazines and it simply threw me back to the main page. Everything's fine now by the way.

Back at the topic... Anyone done a back giant outside yet? Without gymnastics background?

Blairbob

that is the page. USAG's website can be a bit odd at times.

norbeex3

Hello Everyone,

I went pretty much into the topic and I reckon many people would be eager to get his hands on some good material for the giants outside so I want to summerize everything about it here.

There is a short but cool video about the baby giants. They can be learned to get some confidence before the actual giant.

Vo1bfmSABX4

(I will post some pdf material and tips/tricks to this move in a few days.)